Into a Mind

My dad takes my hand and walks me to a glass case with a suit of white. All white. No other colors contrasting together.

"You will wear this on your journey throughout the mind. This is so you can see ahead of yourself when you are in dark places." He takes out a silver key and unlocks the glass case as the door swings open. He takes out the suit with both hands and stuffs it in my hands. It felt really nice to hold. The feeling brushed against my fingers and arms. It was a bit like my bed sheets.

"Go ahead and change into that. But first I have to show you and tell you what you must do." He walks me to the machine, whatever it is called, and he shows me around. "This is where you will be strapped to and these wires will transport you to Avery's mind mentally, so when you come back, it will kind of be like a dream." Yeah Dad, a dream where I will most likely die. Great. He also tells me about the weapons that I will use and what will happen if I do something wrong. Dad turned to me, he pulled a white gun out. "This is a Browning High-Power BDA. In other words, it is a really powerful gun. Our team modified it in some places so that it could contain radiation. That is why it doesn't look so much like a Browning High-Power BDA. After all this gun is supposed to be black. Anyway, we replaced the bullets with high radiated orbs. They are really tiny, but they will kill enemies in an instant. These are only for firing at the cancer. Because there is a possibility that Cerebral Feroz has given tumors life. We figured that you would be shooting a lot of these tumors. So, we have provided unlimited ammo." My eyes widened a bit. How on earth has he figured out unlimited ammo? That is impossible! He had this all figured out and now he lecturing me on things that I don't even understand. Thanks a whole lot Dad! Thanks for giving me the chance of a lifetime to attempt to save world domination.

I don't know how long it has been that he had been telling me things, but after a while I got really bored. As soon as he finishes telling me things that I am still confused about, he tells me to change now. Then he leaves me to go talk to some doctors nearby. I don't know where to change so I ask a nurse next to me.

"Oh, the changing room is right by that door right here. I will lead you." Her voice is so gentle and tender, just how a nurse's voice should be.

"What is your name?" I ask in a faint of curiousness.

"Oh, I am nurse Judy. Nice to meet you." She says very softly, like feathers flying in the air. She leads me across the dome room and shows me to an invisible white door with a knob on it. She takes hold of the knob and opens the door. Inside is gray titles with mirrors around the circular room.

"You can change in there, when you are ready, stand by Avery and we will begin the process." She guided her hands into the short room as I stepped into it. She closed the door behind me as I heard the door slam softly. I looked around the room and saw a bunch of me's looking around the room still holding the suit. I set down the suit and start to breathe in deeply and mindfully. What is happening? I sighed contently and tried to think of happy thoughts. Pink fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows! Idiot. I couldn't think. I just had to follow the directions that Nurse Judy gave me. Great! Now I am part of the Cybermen army to destroy humanity! Delete! Delete! The only problem is, I am not a robot. I have to save the world. Not "delete" it. I really wish this was a Doctor Who episode. Where is the doctor when you need one? When I got dressed in that white, and particularly uncomfortable jumpsuit, I walked out of the room. Before I went to stand next to Avery, I walked to Nurse Judy saying that I was ready. She nodded and walked to go talk to Dad. I looked around the room and saw a bunch of doctors and nurses scrambling around the room preparing for this very moment. A few were working on the Extracción Mental machine, preparing it for what lied ahead. Others were confirming with Father about heaven knows what. Nurse Judy and Father were talking back and forth on things that I couldn't tell from afar. As I looked around the room I spotted Avery standing near the door. I took a breath and walked to go stand next to him.