Nice To Me (Winn Schott x Reader)

037) "Why are you so nice to me?"

____________

I sat on the floor of my cell and leaned my back against the wall.

"I'm taking dinner orders, what would you like today." The door to where my cell was slid open and Winn Schott walked in holding a notepad and a pen.

"What's the rest of the criminals getting?" I raised a brow and smirked at him

"Who knows." He chuckled and walked closer to my cell. I stood up from the floor and walked towards him. "So what would you like?" He smiled up at me.

"Whatever you're having." I winked at him.

"I'll be back soon." Winn smirked at me before he tapped the pen he had against my cell and walked out.

___

I was laying on my back on the floor staring up at the ceiling when the door to my room slid open.

"Having fun?" I tilted my head towards the door and chuckled

"Bundles." I pursed my lips. "I've been in here so long I forget what the stars look like." I sighed and looked back up at the ceiling.

"If it's any consolation, it's pretty cloudy out so you wouldn't be able to see any stars anyways." I heard the door to my cell open and I quickly sat up.

"Wh-what're doing." I stuttered as Winn stepped into the cell.

"Well I was hoping to eat dinner with you." Winn smiled. I looked down at the floor as I felt myself start to blush. I saw him step closer to me then sit down on the ground across from me. "One large pepperoni pizza for two." He smiled at me.

"Thank you Winn." I smiled up at him.

"It's not a problem." He chuckled and pulled a handful of napkins out of his back pocket and set them down in between us then grabbed himself a slice of pizza and took a bite.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked and he raised a brow confused but nodded slowly.

"What's up?" He slowly set the slice of pizza onto the inside of the lid

"Why are you so nice to me?" I questioned quietly.

"Because I don't think you deserve to be locked up in here." He stated with a slight shrug.

"You're the only one here that thinks that." I chuckled sadly

"I've been trying to convince them that you didn't mean to. Y'know. Kill that girl." He muttered the last part.

"Her name was Mary Lynn." I mumbled. "She was in grade four. I tried to save her but Supergirl tackled me and pushed me away from her right when the white martian I was fighting threw a car-" I felt the tears start to form in my eyes

"You don't have to tell me." He stopped me

"You've probably watched the many videos that are now floating around the internet." I sighed. His silence gave me my answer.

"How did you know her name?" He asked

"Supergirl came in here and told me all about the little girl that I killed." I hissed.

"Supergirl is a good person." Winn stated

"I'll believe it when I see it." I rolled my eyes.

"She's a friend of mine." He said quietly.

"I'm sorry. I'm just getting mad being locked up in here."

"I'm going to get you out of here." He stated

"Thank you." I muttered.