Chapter 2

You enjoyed hanging out with Sans and Papyrus. They weren't so bad. You had met the others too. Toriel and Asgore were very nice. Mettaton was nice too. Undyne was slightly less loud than Papyrus. Alphys was the shy type. Sans watched you a lot though. You knew he still didn't trust you. You had to think of something to get him to trust you.

One day they offered for you to come shopping with them. You trailed behind, wary of Sans' watchful gaze. Frisk spotted a stuffed animal shop. You laughed as she towed Toriel in with her. You all followed. You looked around. There where a lot of cute ones. You loved stuffed animals actually. Frisk came up to you and grabbed your hand.

"Look at these ones!" She said pulling you after her towards them. They were big ones with neon colors all over them. Frisk wanted the big rainbow colored neon cat one. Toriel chuckled and she took it. Toriel carried it while Frisk kept looking around at the store. The others looked around too. You followed Frisk. Suddenly two teenage boys came out from behind a few shelves.

"Looking for a new toy kid?" One asked.

"Yeah!" She replied. They grinned at her evilly.

"How cute, an innocent." He snarled. She frowned and backed up fearfully. You watched in angered surprise. They teased her and picked on her. You'd had enough.

"Hey!" You growled. They looked up. "Leave her alone or else." You snarled.

"Or else what? You'll howl at the cashier? Haha!" The other one laughed. You lunged and bit him hard. He shrieked. Blood ran down his arm. He gasped.

"Get lost." You hissed, ears flat and teeth bared. Not to mention your fangs had droplets of his blood on them. They scrambled away. You grinned and nodded. "That's better."

"Thank you!" Frisk said. You smiled.

"No problem. Now go find Toriel." You said. She hurried off.

"thanks." You heard Sans from behind you. You turned. He had been watching, again. "i...i'm sorry i judged you before. you're a nice person underneath the slight layer of prickles." He said. You felt yourself blush. 

"T-thanks Sans." You stuttered dumbly. 

"SANS, (Y/N)! WE'RE READY TO GO!" Papyrus called. You both walked over. His hand brushed yours by accident. He snatched it away quickly shoving it in his pocket. He grabbed his hood and pulled it over his head. You looked over at him confused. 

"Sans?"

"sorry, let's just catch up with the others." He said quickly joining the group. You tilted your head and then shrugged. You followed after them and they lead the way around town through the other shops. Sans stayed a good 5 ft away from you for the rest of the time shopping. You didn't care. If he wanted to be weird than he could be. 

When you got back to their house you sat down on the couch rubbing your feet through your socks. They were sore after all the walking around. Papyrus went to put the things he got in the correct places in his room. Sans sat on the other end with his hoodie up still. You felt a tiny prick of concern. You had no job in helping him, but this wasn't like him to just suddenly stay silent for a long time. Usually he was at least telling puns or adding in tiny comments on stuff. You scooted closer.

"Sans are you ok? You seem upset, or something." You asked. He nodded. 

"yeah, i'm fine." He said. You weren't falling for his lie.  

"That's not working Sans." You chuckled. He looked over at you. You rolled your eyes and pulled his hoodie back. You hugged him and then let go. Sans stared at you, looking stunned. You giggled. "Well, I'm tired so I'll be up stairs taking a nap. Feel free to join me if you want to." You said. You had a makeshift bed in his room so if he came up he could nap on his own bed. You hadn't noticed the light blue blush dusting his cheek bones. You went inside his room and closed the door behind you.