Chapter 10

Sans' POV

He woke up the next morning in the Omega den. He spotted Foam. Then Sans remembered everything that had happened. His eyes went black. Tears instantly came to his eyes. He cried in silence. Sans made no sound as silent tears slid down his cheek bones. Foam woke up. She gasped. 

"Sans? Are you ok? River brought you here last night. You'd passed out crying." Sans didn't speak. Foam nuzzled him gently. "Sans, talk to me." She said. His memory flashed. "I heard a loud noise. Are you ok?" He remembered. "Sans, tell me what happened." (Y/N) said in his memory.

"No." He said. 

"No?" Foam asked.

"I'm not ok." He said, thinking he was replying to (Y/N), but it was only in his mind. Then two wolves snatched him out of the den and threw him into the center of the clearing. Anger shone in their eyes. The whole pack other than the pups was staring at him in either fear, or anger. River sat on her rock to address them.

"Sans, we've heard you killed Lightning from Sky Pack. Is this true?" She ordered his reply fiercely. Sans froze staring at her. She glared at him. "Is this true?!" She yelled. Then Foam burst forward. 

"Alpha! He's clearly distraught! I woke to him crying! He's been through something, I don't know what but it's hurt him bad!" She barked. She looked over at Foam who was standing bravely next to him.

"Omega, it is not your place to speak here! Go back to your den!" River barked. Foam growled at her.

"NO!" She yapped. Sans looked over at her.

"what?" He breathed.

"Sans is innocent!" Foam declared. Then the pups came running past the older wolves.

"Sans stays!" One yipped bravely at River.

"Sans is our friend!" Another barked tail wagging happily as she looked at him with shining eyes. Foam smiled at them and then she spoke up.

"He didn't do it!" Foam barked.

"You don't know that!" A wolf barked.

"I do! He would never do that on purpose! He loves her!" Foam said. They gasped. "I can see it in his eyes. Something went wrong, and it's tore them apart. They've been ripped to shreds in more than one way! We should at least allow him to explain what happened." Foam declared. River narrowed her eyes, but nodded. 

"Very well." She agreed. Foam turned to him.

"I know it's not easy, but you have to tell us what happened." She told him. Sans forced himself to speak.

"i was following (Y/N) to her favorite training spot in the forest. we were attacked by Lightning and Roy." They gasped at the name 'Roy'. 

"You mean that insane freak?!" River gasped.

"yes." Sans continued. "he tricked Lightning into believing i was a devil and i had stolen his sister from him. i didn't know that Lightning was her brother. she never told me that. i didn't even mean to kill him! i threw him against a rock wall and it loosened the rocks above him. he barked and that sound caused the rocks to fall and crush him. now....now (Y/N)....she...s-she....she h-hates m-m-me! I DIDN'T MEAN IT!" He cried. Foam gasped and comforted him. The pups did too. They all lowered their heads in grief. River closed her eyes sadly.

"I'm sorry Sans. I had no idea. I'm sorry for your loss." She said. He sniffed and nodded at her.

"i-it's not your fault." He said. Then, just like last time, Papyrus came. 

"BROTHER!" He exclaimed. Sans let Papyrus hug him tightly. He broke down crying. 

"it's my fault." He choked out.