Chapter 3

You sat in his room a lot. You had no idea what was happening to you. You hardly did anything other than think for hours and hours and hours at a time. Sans came in to give you stuff to eat and talk to you. You struggled to contain your emotions when he asked you if you were ok. You always said you were fine. You knew Sans was beginning to catch on that you weren't sure what to do. What choices had lead your life here?

One day he came in with lunch. You raised a paw as if to say, I'm not hungry, thank you though. Sans frowned. He set the plate down in front of you.

"you've gotta eat something kitten." He said. You looked up at him and then the plate. You turned your head away.

"I'm not hungry." You said. He pushed it closer.

"come on, you like Pap's spaghetti. just a few bites kitten?" He urged. You turned back to the plate. You leaned down and carefully stuck your muzzle into it. You bit off chucks of the noodles with your fangs. Sans smiled. "there, better?" He asked. You swallowed. You smiled at him.

"Yeah." You replied. He pet you as you finished eating. You let out a quiet chuff. Instead of purring, you could chuff to show you were happy. He chuckled.

"you feeling better now?" He asked. You frowned thinking about your family again.

"Not really." You said honestly. He frowned. He pulled his hand away from your ear and patted the bed. You climbed up next to him. 

"what's wrong?" Sans asked.

"I'm just kinda sad. I don't know the way home from here. My pack is probably miles away searching for me else where. They probably assumed I escaped and I'm roaming the city. I'm not because city life isn't my style. I've always preferred wolf life over human life. I mean, it's hard not to miss it. The wind, the open skies, the scents, the thrill of a hunt, it's all home to me. I....I don't know why suddenly...all that's changed. I don't want to chase others away from my territory. I just want to stay put and enjoy myself, not run around doing border patrols. Everything's...changed." You said. Sans looked unsure about what to say. "I miss my mother." You said suddenly. You started getting emotional. "I miss my dad... I-I miss my little sister that was killed when we were attacked one night in the forest! I miss my home!" You cried. Sans hugged you as tears trickled down your face. He grabbed your necklace turning you more human again. 

"it's ok. you'll be ok." He said, unsure of what else he could do to comfort you. "i'm here for you. you can talk to me. i'll listen no matter what ok?" You looked up at him. He smiled at you warmly. Before you could stop yourself you kissed his cheek. He blushed. You smiled.

"Thank you." With that you both took a nap together. 

A few days later you had started going out with the monster gang. The 4th of July was coming up. It would be the first one the the monsters would celebrate in history. You told them all about it.

(for all you people who don't celebrate this, sry I had no other ideas :/ just go with it.)

"SO THEY LIGHT THE SKY ON FIRE?!?!?" Papyrus gasped worriedly. You laughed.

"No! That's not what happens! Fireworks are a class of low explosive pyrotechnic devices used for aesthetic and entertainment purposes. In this case entertainment. Fireworks take many forms to produce the four primary effects: noise, light, smoke, and floating materials like confetti for example. They may be designed to burn with colored flames and sparks including red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and silver. Displays are common throughout the world and are the focal point of many cultural and religious celebrations. The 4th of July is one of them. On July 4, 1776, the thirteen colonies claimed their independence from England, an event which eventually led to the formation of the United States. Each year on July 4th, also known as Independence Day, Americans celebrate this historic event. It's a really fun thing to do! People put up shops for things that glow, they put up food stands for people around who are going to watch the show close by or right there, and they even do it out on boats sometimes! You can light a firework on a boat out on a lake and then you can cool things like visual effects off the water! It's really amazing!" Sans looked impressed.