Chapter 6

Sans was your link to the world. You never left his side when you got the choice. He was your all. Sans seemed to want you next to him anyway. You always slept with him now. He held you close every night. You knew this was dangerous. Your pack was still looking for you, and you were here attaching yourself to a skeleton. You became weary of what might happen to him if they saw you together. 

One day you stayed away from him. Sans noticed instantly.

"kitten? are...are you ok? you've been kinda distant. is everything alright." I can't love him. I just can't fall in love with him. You ordered yourself. 

"I'm...I'm fine..." You lied. It was getting harder to keep yourself locked up. You swore not to let him in. You just couldn't let him in. 

"kitten?" He asked. "why won't you tell me the truth? seriously, what's wrong?" He asked hugging you from behind. I'm sorry Sans. I can't stay here. I won't forget you. You promised. 

"I'm sorry." You said. He let go.

"huh?" After he let go you ran. "kitten!" He gasped in shock. He ran after you. You transformed. You pelted onward into the woods. "kitten!" Sans yelled. "(Y/N)! please! come back!" He yelled in a tone that made it sound like he was begging you. You flattened your ears to block out his cries. I'm so sorry.

Sans' POV

no...she's gone! i...i have to find her! Sans thought. He ran onwards. Sans listened. He could hear her paws from miles away. She ran while digging her claws into the ground also leaving tracks. Sans followed them. He needed to catch up to her. Sans teleported himself small distances so that way he didn't get tired as fast. Soon he could see her. She climbed up a tree and disappeared out of his sight. Sans followed her. please still be there. He prayed. He got to the top. They were at least 20 floors of the ground. She was in her human form again. She was sitting on a branch and looking over the smaller trees. This had to be the tallest tree around for miles. Sans carefully walked out. He used his magic to help balance himself. 

"(Y/N)?" She gasped. 

"How the hell?!" 

"heh, you left tracks." Sans said. She growled.

"Just go home Sans!" She snapped. Sans flinched. Why was she acting like this?  

"i'm not leaving without you." He stated. 

"Then goodluck following me this time." She growled and her wings opened. Sans gasped. He lurched forward and grabbed her hand. She looked back at him. She was hovering just barely a foot away from the branch. Sans knew this was very risky for him. He didn't know if he fell if she would catch him. He couldn't save himself from falling that fast. Sans knew he'd hit the ground before being able to lift himself with his magic. He was already tired as is. 

"please." Sans said. She stared at him. She looked down at his hand that was holding hers. His grip was firm, but not enough to hurt her. 

"Sans, why are you still trying to help me?" She asked her voice half angry half sad. Sans gently pulled her back over. She resisted slightly, but as soon as she saw him start to lose balance she stopped.

"because i care about you." Sans replied. She rolled her eyes.

"Then your stupid." She growled. Sans' eyes widen in shock. She'd never said something like that before. She noticed his shock. "I'm a death sentence waiting to be carried out. I'll fly you down, but then, go home." She said. She grabbed him and dove down. She dropped him off at the bottom of the tree. "Go home Sans. Before you get yourself killed." She said. Sans didn't understand.