Twelve

Kenadee sat in her bedroom and cried. All she could hear was the cries of her daughter Emily-Faith crying. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't cope.

Kenadee went downstairs. She saw Neve holding Emily. Neve smiled. "Kenny, she's so cute."

"Oh."

Neve sighed. Poppy walked in. "Morning. Bet you're gutted you kept her," she said.

Kenadee looked at Poppy. "Could you just stop for one day please? I've kept her haven't I? I've not given her away so just stop!" She said.

***
Rachel went to work. Neve and Poppy went with her. Kenadee was left alone with Emily. She didn't know how she would cope. She was scared.

Emily was asleep in her bouncer. Rachel had brought a lot of stuff for Emily. Kenadee was grateful but she didn't know how she could cope with her baby.

***
Max was sitting in the office. He got a text. He looked to see it was from Kenadee.

Please can you come over? I need you - Kenadee

Max didn't need to know anything. If Kenadee needed him then he would be there. No matter what.

Max grabbed his car keys and left. He sped to Rachel's house.

***
Kenadee let Max in and broke down crying in his arms. "I can't do it. I can't be a mum," she sobbed.

Max held Kenadee close to him. He took her into the living room and put her on the sofa. He walked over to the Moses basket and smiled. "Could I?"

Kenadee nodded. Max picked up Emily and smiled. "What's her name?" He asked.

"Emily-Faith Neve Jessica Mason. My next baby will be named Autumn-Lea Poppy," Kenadee mumbled.

Max nodded. "She looks a lot like me," he said.

"Yeah. I think she's yours," she mumbled. She looked at Max. "Take her. You take her and raise her. She won't need to know me."

Max frowned. "Kenadee. You don't know what you're saying," he said.

Kenadee nodded. "Yes I do know what I'm saying. I'm a rubbish mum. I can't even breastfeed her. She won't take to me. It's better for everyone Emily can think her mum left," she said.

Max shook his head. "No. I'm not taking her and raising her alone. If she's mine which it's highly likely she is then I'll give you money each month for her and take her on weekends," he said.

***
Neve and Poppy were sitting in the library. Poppy looked at Neve. "Why do you always help Kenadee with the baby?"

Neve rolled her eyes. "What the hell is your problem with Kenadee. She kept the baby didn't she? That's what you wanted. Stop going on at her," she said.

Poppy scoffed. "I wanted her to keep the baby. Not her keep it and everyone else look after her," she said.

"Leave Kenadee alone!"

***
Max helped Kenadee with Emily. Max got Emily to feed from Kenadee. "That's such a turn on," he said. 

Kenadee looked at him. "You'd think that," she mumbled. 

Max smirked and took Emily from Kenadee. Kenadee knew she would be struggling with her baby but could she do it? Could she learn To Love her baby?