Fourteen

Kenadee sat up in bed and stroked Emily's head. She was getting used to the fact she had a daughter now. It was hard but she knew she could do it.

Morning came too quickly for Kenadee who hadn't slept. She went downstairs with Emily and laid her in the bouncer. "There we go. Let's get you some bottle," Kenadee said.

***
Neve and Poppy came down. Neve smiled at Kenadee. "Is Emily okay?" She asked.

Kenadee nodded. She picked up Emily and began feeding her. Poppy rolled her eyes. "Finally. Kenadee is doing something motherly," she said.

Neve glared. "Shut it will you? I don't think Kenadee needs this hassle."

"Sorry Kenny," Poppy mumbled.

***
Kenadee was having one more week off before going back to school. She wanted to see Max again. She missed him so much

Neve smiled as Kenadee rocked Emily to sleep. "How's she doing?"

"She's alright. Little grumpy but it's to be expected. She's my baby," Kenadee said as she tickled Emily's chin.

Neve smiled and took Emily from Kenadee. "Aunty Neve loves her little Emmy-Faith. She's the cutest baba ever," she said.

Kenadee smiled. She took Emily when Neve had to leave with Rachel and Poppy.

***
Neve and Poppy were studying. Max walked in. "Ladies."

Neve smiled. She was making an effort with Max due to the fact he could be the father of her niece. "How are you?"

"Tired. But I don't have a newborn keeping me awake," Max said.

***
Kenadee was taking Emily into the school for a visit. She needed to make sure she would be comfortable leaving Emily in the crèche.

When she got there, she felt slightly scared. The last time she had been in school, she had the breakdown over Emily.

Kenadee walked inside. Emily was fast asleep. Max saw her and walked over. "Hey."

"Hiya. You okay?" Kenadee asked him as she checked on Emily. Every few minutes, she checked on her.

Max nodded. "Can I see her?"

"Yeah."

***
Kenadee went to the office with Max. When they were alone, Kenadee took Emily out and let Max hold her. Max smiled. "She's so beautiful," he said.

Kenadee grinned slightly. "She is."

***
Poppy and Neve were talking. They hadn't made up but agreed to not argue in front of Emily. They both adored their niece.

Neve grinned when Tom walked in. Poppy rolled her eyes. "Yeah. You're in love with him."

"You're in love with Hector Reid," Neve said.

Poppy grinned and laughed. She shook her head.

***
Emily was fast asleep in Max's arms. "If she's mine, I want joint custody. One day a week and weekends," he said.

Kenadee agreed. She knew that that was enough. She smiled. "I hope she is yours," Kenadee said.

Max looked at Kenadee. "Even if she isn't, I still want to be apart of her life," he said.

***
Three Weeks Later

Kenadee was awaiting the DNA results. She hoped that Max was the father.

The post arrived. Kenadee grabbed it and saw the letter she needed. She opened it. She read it over.

The father of Emily-Faith Neve Mason is...

A/N - So, I'm going into hiding now cause I have a feeling someone is going to shout at me for this cliffhanger 😝