Thirteen

Neve woke to the sound of her baby niece crying. She got out of bed and went to check on her. She saw her sister bouncing the baby in her arms.

Neve smiled. "Is everything okay?" She asked.

Kenadee shook her head. She looked at her sister and sighed. "She won't settle. She woke for a feed. I fed her and now she won't go back to sleep. I'm so tired," she said.

Neve sighed. She took Emily from Kenadee. "Why aren't you sleeping little miss? Mummy and aunty Neve need sleep," she said.

***
Eventually, Neve got Emily settled. Kenadee broke down crying. Neve walked over and held her close. "It's alright Kenny. You're a new mum who's struggling. It's okay to be upset," she said.

"Emily hates me. My baby girl hates me," Kenadee sobbed.

Neve sighed. She felt her heart breaking for how bad her sister felt. She held her close. "Come on Kenny. Its going to be alright," she said.

***
The next morning, Kenadee went downstairs with Emily. Emily was asleep. Neve smiled. "How's baba?" She asked.

"Asleep. Thankfully," she mumbled.

Rachel walked in. "Kenadee, are you going into school today?" She asked.

Kenadee shook her head. She gently put Emily into Moses basket. She looked at Rachel. "I'm not ready. It's too soon," she said.

Rachel sighed. "Well Kenadee, you need to get an education. This is your GCSE year and you need to pass."

"Leave me alone. I'm. It's too soon!" She yelled.

***
Rachel left with Neve. Poppy had a free period. She walked into the living room. "Mum gone?" She asked.

"Yeah. If you'll excuse me, I've got a daughter to look after," Kenadee mumbled.

Poppy rolled her eyes. "You need to grow up Kenadee. You've got a newborn who's crying at all hours keeping us up. We've got exams to study for and with her as a distraction, i can't do a good amount of studying," she said.

Poppy walked out. Kenadee looked at Emily. She grabbed her phone and dialled the number for the adoption agency she had.

***
Neve went home at lunch to check on Kenadee and Emily. She walked into the house and heard Kenadee crying. Immediately she ran upstairs to her. She found her in Emily's nursery. She was packing. "Kenny?"

"S-She has to go. Poppy can't study while she's here so she needs to go," Kenadee sobbed. She looked at Neve. "Poppy doesn't want her here. She can't study."

Neve scoffed. "Well I want Emily here and mum does too. Emily is my niece and mums granddaughter. We want her here," she said.

***
Kenadee carried Emily's stuff downstairs. "Kenadee can you stop and think? What will happen if Emily is dumped in some care home? She'll grow up thinking she wasn't wanted."

"I CAN'T DO IT!" Kenadee screamed. She looked at Neve. "I need to prove to everyone I can do it."

Neve sighed. "The only one you need to prove something to is Emily. She's your little girl and she will need you more than anyone," she told her.

Kenadee wiped her eyes. She had mascara all down her face. "I can't do it alone."

"You're not alone. I'm with you. No matter what."

Kenadee looked at Neve and nodded. She knew if she had the support of her sister, she could be a mum to Emily.

*~*~*~*~*~
A/N - Emily's father will be revealed next chapter.

Three choices.

Adam - From when he raped Kenadee.
Max - From their night in the club.
John - Kenadee's ex