Nine

Kenadee hadn't heard from John about Adam yet. She knew he would go through with his threat and made sure he paid for what he did.

When Kenadee woke that morning, she realised she had a scan that morning. She didn't know if she wanted to see her baby on screen. It would be too hard.

Kenadee went downstairs. She smiled at her sisters. "Morning."

Poppy rolled her eyes. She still couldn't forgive her for wanting to have an abortion. "Decided what to do with your baby yet?" She asked.

Kenadee ignored her. She didn't want to get into a row with Poppy. She wasn't in the mood for it.

***
Kenadee left the house and went to the hospital for her scan. She saw Max's car pull up next to her. "What do you want?" She asked.

"If that's my baby, I'm going to be there. Every step of the way," Max replied.

Kenadee rolled her eyes but smiled slightly. She climbed into the car and let Max take her to the hospital.

***
When they got to the hospital, Kenadee walked over to reception. "Kenadee-Rose Mason. I'm here for my sixteen week scan," she said.

"Take a seat."

Kenadee sat down with Max. She smiled at him. "Bet you never thought you'd be sitting here," she said.

Max smirked. "Well no. But then I realised you're a beautiful woman so if I were to have a child, you would make an excellent mother," he said.

Kenadee fell silent. She didn't look up at him. "Max, I don't know what I'm going to do about the baby. There's a reason not many people know about it. Not even my mum," she mumbled.

***
Neve and Poppy were doing their homework. Poppy looked at Neve. "It would be nice if you could actually back me up when it comes to Kenadee and the baby," she said.

Neve rolled her eyes. "Grow up. You're acting immature."

"I'm not being immature. I have my opinion and she shouldn't give that baby up for no reason. Doesn't matter who the father is," she said.

Neve glared. "You're forgetting what happened to Kenadee! She was raped. How do you think she feels?"

***
Kenadee's name was called. She stood with Max. "Can we say you're the father? I don't want her to judge me," Kenadee mumbled.

"Sure."

***
They walked into the room. Kenadee got onto the bed and smiled. "This is the baby's father."

The midwife smiled. She put the gel onto Kenadee's stomach. Kenadee flinched at the coldness. The transducer was put onto her stomach. "There's your baby."

Kenadee couldn't look. Max noticed. "Look. There's our baby," he said.

Kenadee turned her head slightly. She saw her baby. She tried to hide her tears. "Thankfully for you, baby is in an okay position for us to tell you the sex," the midwife said.

"What is the gender?" Max asked.

"It's a little girl."

Kenadee was shocked. She didn't know weather she could adopt her baby out now. Not now she was having a girl.

***
Kenadee went home. She saw Rachel sitting on the sofa. "Where have you been?" Adam asked.

"Sod off," she spat.

Rachel came out of the living room. She glared at Kenadee. "Don't talk to him like that. Go and do your homework. In fact, where have you been?"

"Out. Having sex," she lied.

***
Kenadee walked up to her bedroom and climbed into bed. She rubbed her stomach slightly. "What do we do baby girl. Mummy doesn't know what to do. Do I keep you or let someone else raise you? I'm so confused."

What Kenadee didn't know was that Adam had heard everything. He was going to make Kenadee pay for her disrespect. He finally had the perfect way to do that.