Chapter 1

Zane sat calmly at his desk, minding his own business with his elbow on the armrest of his chair and his face resting on the palm of his hand. Watching random videos on his laptop with his earbuds in.

"Zane!!" Zane's older brother, Garroth, called him from downstairs. Loud enough for Zane to hear through his earbuds. He groans in annoyance, ignoring Garroth and going back to watch his video. "Zane!!" Garroth called him again, louder this time.

Zane pauses the videos and stood up from his chair, storming out of his bedroom and downstairs, stopping halfway, and looked over to the living room. He sees his roommate with brunette hair and chocolate eyes, who's best friends with Garroth, Laurence, sitting on the couch.

Garroth stood by the doorway, talking to someone but Zane could see who, "what do you want Garroth?" Zane asks in a cold tone. Garroth turned around, his bright blue eyes locking with Zane's icy blue one. Zane's black raven hair bangs were long enough to cover his right blind grey eye.

"Look who it is!" Garroth shouts in excitement, having the personality of a kid. Garroth moves from the doorway to reveal a tall, broad man who looked familiar to Zane. His bright red eyes, pale grayish skin, and dark brown hair. The male's pale lips formed into a grin when his eyes landed on Zane, showing his sharp teeth that look like they could tear a piece of flesh off.

The man's eyes showing excitement when seeing the small, scrawny boy. Holding back to bit his lips.

It finally snapped at Zane who the person was, Balto. Zane and Balto weren't ever friends in high school, he was actually the top bully in the school. Students and teachers didn't dare mess with him. He was alpha to all the students.

Then there was Zane, a very easy target for bullies to have fun with. He was bullied horribly, but he did his best to avoid Balto, knowing he won't see another day. Balto was never scolded or ever received punishment for his actions and surprisingly graduated.

Zane stood still in shock, he opened and closed his mouth as if he forgot how to speak. Zane didn't even know what to say, "Hey Zane, nice to see you again." Balto greets, smiling softly but his voice was deep, a little raspy and husky.

Garroth lets Balto into the house as Zane had a bad feeling in his gut like a warning. Zane took in a deep breath, trying to cope with everything, and finally remembered how to talk. "Balto? Why are you here...? Zane asks, tightening his grip on the railing of the stairs as if it was the only thing keeping him safe from Balto.

Garroth glares at Zane, whose question came out sounding rude but Zane was just cautious and curious. "I went to the cafe that recently opened about a month ago and was surprised to see Aphmau and learn she's the owner," Balto explains, which Zane knew was true. His friend, Aphmau, who also went to the same high school, did open a cafe.

"I also met Aaron and Gene, who are employees," Balto adds, which again is true. "Oh yeah, me, Zane, and Laurence also work there," Garroth informs, which made Zane quite unease that Balto now knows where he works, plus lives now.

"Yeah, Aphmau told me. She also told me about her and Aaron being official now, about you guys living here, and suggested I come to pay a visit." Balto says, having a conversation with Garroth about the meeting he had with everyone at the cafe, while Zane just seemed very uncomfortable.

Laurence also seemed to be having some odd feelings about Balto, having the same warning feeling in his stomach while Garroth was being an idiot and didn't find Balto threatening at all. Laurence just shook off the feeling, thinking it's probably 'cause of Balto's reputation back in high school and now has probably changed.

Laurence stood up from the couch and walk towards Balto and Garroth, thinking if he gets to know Balto, the feeling in his stomach will fade. "Have you meet anyone else?"Laurence asks, "Yeah, I met Katelyn, Travis, and heard that Sasha and Zenix live here now from Gene." Balto answers.