Chapter 12

Garroth walks up to the car, knocking on the window as his mother got out of the car, pulling him in a tight hug. "Gar~Gar! It's good to see you!" His mother greeted happily as then pulls away, "Were you just visiting Aphmau? Is Zane in there?" his mother asks, but Garroth shook his head, "No, he's inside the house, but..." Garroth looked behind his mother to see his father sitting in the car as Vylad then got out.

"I thought Father wasn't coming?" Garroth questioned, "I'm sorry sweetie, I tried explaining but he wouldn't listen..." His mother explained, which did seem like his father. "I don't think Zane would be happy to see him, maybe he should stay in the car," Garroth suggest, "You know how your father is. I'll try talking to him," his mother said as she got back in the car, having a private conversation with her husband.

"Hey," Vylad greeted as Garroth turned to him, "Vylad, good to see you," Garroh said as he wrapped his arm around Vylad. "Good to see you, how is Zane doing?" Vylad asks, Garroth sighs, "I'm going to be honest, not that great. Today has been very stressful and right now, a visit is not what Zane needs right now, but I can't do anything," Garroh says, Vylad nods, his expression turning into concern for his brother.

A few minutes later, their mother got out of the car, "He agreed to stay in the car, but he's not very happy," their mother said. "It'll be fine, let's go inside," Garroth says and heads for the house with his brother and mother following. Entering the house, he sees Zane isn't in the living room as Laurence was in the kitchen, preparing the late dinner.

"Laurence, my mother is here to visit," Garroth announced as Laurence turns to him, seeing Zianna and Vylad. "Oh, good to see you Zianna," Laurence greets, washing his hands and drying them with a paper towel before walking and gives Zianna a hug. They knew each other long enough for Laurence to call both of Garroth parents by their first names.

"Vylad, how are you doing?" Laurence asks as he shakes hands with him, "Great, what about you?" Vylad asks, "Meh, alright. Oh, Zane is upstairs in his bedroom," Laurence informs before going back to the kitchen to continue cooking chopping the vegetables.

"I'll go get him," Garroth says as he heads upstairs, knocking first on Zane's door before entering, seeing Zane laying on his bed. Zane sits up when hearing Garroth enter the room, "Zane, mom, and Vylad are here," Garroth says, Zane's eyes widen as he totally forgot about his mother's visit.

"Will you be alright? Me and Laurence will be right there to help you," Garroth says and rubs Zane back to help him calm down. Zane nods and gets up, his legs shaking and feeling weak as he walks downstairs with Garroth following behind. When Zane reaches the bottom of the stairs, his mother spots him, feeling tears start to well up in her eyes.

Zane slowly walks over to her, standing there awkwardly, waiting for his mother to say something but she just stares at him with disbelief. Although she knew he was alive, the last time she saw him was at the hospital when he was still unconscious, it was like seeing a corpse rise.

She broke into tears as she pulled Zane into a tight embrace, happy that her son was still breathing, walking, and warmth, crying into Zane's shoulder. While Zane, although surprised at the sudden tight embrace, wrapped his arm around her, not feeling the warmth of her body but shivered at her touch, she was cold as ice to him.

She then pulled away, wiping away her tears, "Let's go to the living room," Garroth says, taking them to the living room as they sat down on the couch. "I'll go help Laurence," Vylad offered but before he could leave to the kitchen, Zane grabbed his arm and pulled him into a quick hug, smiling at him.

Vylad smiled back before going to the kitchen as Zane sat back down on the couch, "How have you been?" Zianna asks, Zane looks over at Garroth before pulling out his phone and going on his notes, typing his answer and showing the screen to his mother.