Epilogue

~~~2 years~~~

Zane sits in the living room of his new home, that he moved into about a year ago, with the tv playing as Zane reads a book. He looks at the time, 7 p.m. Zane smiles when hearing the doorknob jiggles and open, Gene comes in, closing the door behind him and puts in the security code. Gene drops his bag on the floor as Zane sets down the book. Gene walks over to Zane and lies down beside Zane.

"How was work?" Zane asks, snuggling his face to Gene's chest, "It was alright. Were you lonely without me?" Gene asks, Zane nods in respond. "How was work for you?" Gene asks, "It was pretty good, it wasn't that busy at the cafe today," Zane answers.

It's been about a year since Gene and Zane decided to move in with each other. Zane still works at the cafe as a pastry chef, working morning shifts until noon, and Gene taking classes to earn his psychology degree and also working after class as a bartender at a bar for a few hours. Both of them still having time to spend with each other and having the weekends off. Zane's stutter has gone away but does come back when he's scared, nervous and or stressed.

There house had two floors, the first floor with the kitchen, living room, bathroom and a door to the basement under the stairs. Upstairs had 3 bedrooms, 2 of them for guest and one where they sleep. Gene went all out on securing the house, adding cameras inside and outside the house, motion sensor lights, and an alarm that would ring if anyone enters the house without putting in the security code in time. The bedrooms also had security, having double locks and pepper spray under each pillow for self-defense.

Zane did find it a bit too much but Gene thinks it best, wanting to protect him at all cost.

They only live a block away from the group and although Gene's college is an hour and a half drive, Gene much rather drive an hour getting there and back, instead of living in an apartment, away from Zane or separate himself and Zane from their friends.

"Anyway, in about an hour we have to get ready to join everyone at Aphmau's place," Zane reminds Gene and nods, "I'm really happy to hear about Garroth's and Laurence recent engagement. It doesn't even seem that long since Aphmau's and Aaron's wedding," Zane comments, remembering the day. Aphmau wearing a white dress with red roses, and Aaron wearing a white tux with a purple tie.

Aphmau bridesmaids wearing matching purple dresses, that being Katelyn, Lucinda, and Sasha. Aaron's best man was wearing black suits and red ties, that being Garroth, Laurence and Zane. The whole wedding themed color was white and purple with a tint of red, like the roses on each table and napkins.

"Who's going to wear the white tux?" Zane questions as Gene shakes his head, "Garroth is definitely down to wearing a dress instead," Gene says as Zane's laugh. "I've seen him wear dresses before, he doesn't look bad in them," Zane says as Gene chuckles, "The one who wears white is the bottom," Gene informs as Zane nods in agreement, "It's definitely Laurence," Gene and Zane say in unison as they laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane waits for Gene downstairs, scrolling through his phone as he wearing a black button-up shirt, black jeans and having the same neverland sweater tied around his waist as it was snowing gently outside. Gene soon comes downstairs, wearing the sweater which still fit him nicely and having a scarf wrapped around his neck, "Although you might not get cold easily, you could still catch a cold Zane," Gene says as he puts his arm around Zane's neck.

"I'll be fine," Zane says as they leave the house, closing and locking the door, Zane shivers slightly at the cold air. They get in the car as Gene starts the car and turns on the heat, Gene drives out of the driveway and up the road to Aphmau's place, which wasn't far.

They reach Aphmau' house and park the car, getting out and walking up the porch and knocks on the door. Aphmau quickly opens the door and hugs, Gene and Zane, tightly, "I know you guys are just a few minutes away but I miss you!!" Aphmau cries as they laugh, "You saw me at work today," Zane says as Aphmau pulls back.