Chapter 11

"What was your relationship with him?" Alex asks Zane writes down his answers, taking a while before passing the paper to Alex as it read.

"We didn't have a relationship. We weren't friends or anything, he barely knowledged my exists."

Alex nods and then asks, "What was his reputation in high school?" Zane writes down his answers.

"A bully. Everyone feared him in high school. Though I don't think he sexually assaulted someone back then, just the typical, steal lunch money, getting into lots of fights and everyone being in his control."

Alex nods, writing down the information, and then changed the topic from high school to Zane, "Why didn't you call the cops sooner Zane?" Alex asks, making Zane flinch. Zane was hesitant, his hands shaking as he slowly writes down his answers before showing it to Alex.

"He threatened to hurt my brother if I didn't keep quiet,"

"Don't you think your brother would've been safer if you made a call?" Alex asks, Zane felt upset at that question, mainly at himself as he writes down his answer.

"He broke out once, he could again no."

Alex sighs, "Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. Do you remember the exact date of...that night?" Alex asks, changing the question to the present time, already having enough information about Zane and Balto's background relationship.

Zane shakes his head, everything that night, he just wanted to forget, not even remember the date. "Where was your brother and roommate at the time it happened?"

"They were asleep on the couch,"

Alex seemed confused, "What? Zane, how did you meet up with Balto again?" he asks. Zane writes down his answer, taking a while, after about a few minutes, he showed his answer.

"A friend of mine, who went to the same high school and lives in the same street as me, meet up with Balto and after they talked, my friend gave him my address,"

"Who?"

"Are they important to this situation?"

"I mean if you know the reason why they gave Balto your address?"

"They were probably tricked by Balto that he has changed since high school. I'm sure they had good intentions. Let's not get them involved."

"They don't know do they?" That question made Zane flinch, Alex sighs and moves on, "Alright, sorry. Continue," Zane nods and continues writing.

"Anyway, he came to pay us a visit, he stayed until late at night as we watched a show, but my brother and roommate fell asleep and that's when he attacked,"

Alex sees Zane's eye start to water as he quickly wiped it away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Garroth sat anxiously, tapping his foot, and jumped when hearing his name being called, Garroth looked up to see an officer waiting for him as both him and Laurence quickly stood up and walked over to him. "You're allowed to leave, Zane's waiting for you by the entrance," the officer says as Laurence and Garroth walked by him.

Garroth walked towards the entrance, seeing Zane standing there as he quickly rushes over and pulls him in a tight embrace. Zane's body trembled as tears started to stream down his eyes, Garroth runs his fingers through his hair as Laurence went out to get the car.

After a few, Garroth and Zane exit the police station and went into the car, both Garroth and Zane sit in the back as Zane leans his head on Garroth's shoulder and falls asleep. "What do we do now?" Laurence questions, keeping his voice down, not wanting to wake Zane after having a stressful day.