Chapter 16

Zane slowly opes his eyes, rubbing them to clear his vision and sits up from his bed. Zane exits his bedroom and goes to the bathroom, brushing his teeth, and goes back to his room to change, not filling like showering today; instead, he just puts on cologne. Zane goes downstairs and sees Garroth and Laurence sitting at the dining table, eating eggs and bacon. When noticing Zane, Laurence quickly gets up to get a plate for him.

Zane sits down next to Garroth as Laurence serves Zane his food. Zane stares at the food, and smiles, although he and Laurence weren't always on good terms and were more of acquaintances, Zane was grateful that Laurence put with him, being patient and understanding.

"Thank you..." Zane says softly, Laurence pause, feeling tears start to form. Zane looks at him and looks concern, "Sorry," Laurence says and wipes away the tears quickly, "It's just, nice to hear you again," Laurence comments and sits back down. "I'm happy," Laurence adds and continues to eat. Zane looks back down at his food, smiling slightly as Garroth was just basking in the moment.

"Hey, I have an idea," Garroth says as Zane and Laurence turns to him, "Let's all go out together. It's been a while since we hanged out outside, especially with all of our friends," Garroth says but Zane isn't on board while Laurence was debating, "I don't know Garroth, Zane hasn't been out in crowds for so long and-"

"But we've barely talked to our friends and I'm starting to feel distance with them," Garroth says which was a good point for Laurence and Zane, especially Zane. Zane hasn't talked to Aphmau since they talked in person and Zane did deeply miss her, even missing the others that he didn't care for. "Come on Zane, I know this is a huge step for you to take, but it's for the best," Garroth says and turns to Zane, "You miss Aphmau and Aphmau misses you, and we can go out for fresh air and buy some new clothes, whatever you want," Garroth says, trying everything to convince Zane.

"They have the right to know how you're doing. What do you say?" Garroth asks, Zane was hesitant but nods slowly which made Garroth smile widely, "I'm going to call Aph, it is a Sunday so the cafe should close early today," Garroth informs and gets up, putting his dishes in the sink and goes upstairs, all excited as Laurence and Zane sat there in silence.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Laurence asks, but Zane just shrugs his shoulders, "...He seems...to r-really miss e-everyone..." Zane says quietly, which surprises Laurence on how much Zane spoke. "He does," Laurence replies, "I s-should...go see e-everyone...Garroth's right...t-they need to n-now..." Zane says, pausing a few times to get the words out, even feeling the ghost of his phone in his hands.

"Alright then," Laurence says, "Also, you don't need to force yourself to speak if you're comfortable. Do it in your own pace but lightly try to push your limits so you can get comfortable again. If you only feel comfortable talking to me and Garroth, try speaking more around us until you feel comfortable enough to talk to Aphmau and the others. Or, depending on how much you speak, like now you spoke a sentence, speak a little more every day until you feel comfortable and confident. Just think what you're going to say and how you're going to say it," Laurence advise as Zane listen carefully, taking it to heart.

"T-Thanks..." Zane says and smiles as they both continue to eat.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurence and Garroth were finishing getting ready as Zane was mentally preparing himself, overthinking a lot.

Would Aphmau be mad at me for avoiding her?
She's my best friend so there shouldn't be a reason why my trauma affected our friendship. She would never hurt me...
She probably thinking the same thing and is upset, and if she's upset then everyone else is upset.
Aaron, Katelyn, Dante, Travis...