Chapter 7

Kleinfeld Bridal was located between 6th and 7th avenues on 20th street. Caroline took a deep breath before walking inside the high-end bridal boutique. Once inside, the numerous mannequins and gowns instantly overwhelmed her.

A large diamond chandelier hung in the middle of the room. Various Victorian style loveseats were placed strategically with flower assortments to accent it. The consultants were dressed professionally and were anticipating the arrival of clients.

Caroline had no idea where to begin. She was meeting Rebekah here at eleven and she was already almost fifteen minutes late.

"May I help you?" A woman who looked to be in her late fifties approached Caroline. She clutched onto her purse and smiled at the snotty sales associate.

"I'm waiting for someone, thank you." The lady fixed her rimmed glasses and straightened her pin stripped skirt, looking Caroline up and down before she made another comment.

"Do you have an appointment?" She asked and Caroline's face reddened.

Did they need an appointment for these things?

It's not everyday you go shopping for a bridal gown.

"I'm not su—"

Caroline was cut off by the sound of a very firm, feminine voice. "I believe we do."

She whipped her head around to find a curvy, beautiful blonde standing before her. Her features were striking and her accent was thick. This had to be Rebekah.

This time the sales associate was embarrassed. She quickly muttered apologies and went to the back to retrieve something.

Rebekah stayed silent for a few moments and observed Caroline. She shifted awkwardly back and forth, trying to ignore the fact that Rebekah wasn't speaking. It was starting to scare the shit of out her. Caroline broke the silence hoping to ease the discomfort between the two.

She extended her hand in Rebekah's direction. "I'm Caroline." She gave Rebekah her sincerest smile.

"I know," She said quickly placing one of her manicured hands on her hip. "And it's not because you're marrying my brother."

Caroline gave her a confused look, but then realization peaked in her mind. Tyler Lockwood, oh god. If she knew his crazy obsession with her, she would freak. And by the way Rebekah was acting, it was if she already did know.

"Yes, Caroline Forbes. I know all about you. I also know that my boyfriend has some sick little obsession with you."

Caroline didn't know what to say. This wasn't how she wanted to start her relationship with Klaus' sister. It was bad enough that she was marrying a monster, but now she had to deal with his sister hating her too. And it wasn't even her fault.

She had met Rebekah once at a family function, but they were much too young then to remember. Rebekah was never around the family, which would explain why they were officially meeting now for the first time.

Klaus on the other hand, she saw all the time along with his other brothers.

Her mind drifted to the night before. Her hand instinctively went to her lips. They still felt numb. She knew any physical relationship between them was almost prohibited.

She knew it was wrong.

Everything about it was wrong, but those few minutes that they shared together had been better than anything she ever experienced.

Rebekah's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"And now I get a call from my brother, telling me that he's marrying you. How did you manage to convince my brother to do that, slut?"