Chapter 8

"Where are we going?" Caroline said to Klaus as he was dragged her along the streets of New York.

Seriously.

She was gone for five minutes and all hell broke loose. Caroline was absolutely convinced that it had something to do with Tyler.

He had to have opened his mouth and yapped something about Caroline to piss Klaus off.

They walked a good four blocks past the restaurant they were oh-so happily enjoying their lunch before Klaus stopped.

He let go of her wrist providing Caroline temporary comfort, but then Klaus spoke.

"What exactly is your relationship with Rebekah's boyfriend, Caroline?" His eyes narrowed making Caroline feel like she was being cornered.

"We don't have the type of relationship you're insinuating, Klaus. He's my friend and my lawyer. Nothing more, nothing less." She placed her hands on her hips and looked up at his 6'3 frame.

"The way he talks about you insinuates something completely different." He accused. He tried not to lose his cool as he spoke.

God forbid if his driver was ever on time.

He glanced down at his Rolex at the same time as the driver coincidentally pulled up. He opened the door and let himself in. Caroline followed muttering something him being a dick

And he was being a dick.

Maybe he should have opened the door for her, but he didn't really fucking care right now.

The only thing that was on his mind was the love triangle going on between his sister, Lockbitch and his fiancé.

How fucked up is that?

"Why don't you ask me if something is going on, Klaus?" She challenged him sitting on the opposite side of the stretch limo.

"What's going on dear?" He did what she asked, mockingly.

"Nothing." She said blatantly.

It wasn't what he wanted to hear. It wasn't what he was expecting from her mouth either.

The more he was around Caroline; the more she was coming out of her shell. He feared by the end of their contract she'd be spitting fire and taking names.

"You're going to ruin my reputation before we even walk down the aisle, woman." He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and cracked the window. He needed to calm down before he said something even worse.

"How can I if I haven't done anything to ruin it?" She waved her hand in front of her face, pushing the smoke out of the way.

"The media doesn't care if it's true or not." He made a point. The media didn't care if that story was true or false, as long as they made money off of it, they were pleased.

"Smoking is a bad habit you know." She changed the subject quickly. He raised his eyebrow at her, smirked and took a long drag.

Caroline made a nasty face at him and moved farther away.

She hated being around people that smoked. Her father was an advocate for smoking And she hated that Klaus reminded her of that vile man.

The limo stopped and Klaus stepped out offering his hand to Caroline. She took it; taking note that this was the first pleasant thing he did for her all day.

She realized they were in the front of her apartment and she was oddly relieved that he didn't have any other plans with her tonight. She really needed a break from him and needed time with Bonnie.