Chapter 20

"Oh my god!" Caroline exclaimed as they approached the coliseum. Her outfit screamed tourist with shorts, a tank top and a camera around her neck.

She wanted to capture every moment and didn't care if she looked crazy doing it.

"I can't believe we're here." Her pace quickened, as they got closer. "Did you know that this thing took almost nine years to build?"

"Really?" Klaus smiled at her enthusiasm.

Caroline lifted her camera and began to snap pictures. "And did you know that they could fit over fifty thousands people in here at once?"

She placed her camera down and pulled two pamphlets from her pocket. Klaus raised an eyebrow at her. "When did you get those?"

"They had them in the hotel lobby." She said like he should've known. "Oh! The last fights were said to take place is 435 AD."

Klaus observed her as she indulged herself in the pamphlets. The sight before him was exquisite. He would be lying if he said it wasn't and having Caroline around was like a breath of fresh air.

She got excited about the simplest things. She loved getting involved and put her whole heart into it.

"Did you know it was originally called the Flavian Amphitheatre?" Klaus decided to throw his own fact out there.

"I didn't!" Caroline put her pamphlets back into her pocket. "Let's go inside!"

Klaus had previously purchased tickets for the tour. Once in line, he could tell that Caroline was growing antsy.

"Do we have to wait in this line?" She stood with her arms crossed and her feet tapping. "Couldn't you get a private tour or something?"

"I could have." He told her. "But I thought you wanted the full experience? Waiting in this line is a part of it."

"You're an ass, Klaus!" She playfully swatted him on the arm. "You know damn well I would have wanted a private tour."

"Well, now you have to be patient love." He smirked at her.

The line moved quicker than Caroline had anticipated. Once they finally got inside, Caroline was at loss for words.

She tried to soak everything in because she knew she would never have another opportunity to do this again.

Klaus stayed quiet for most of the tour. He occasionally told Caroline a random fact or two, but was honestly just enjoying Caroline's presence.

Her bubbly personality was perfect for his cold one and somehow though neither one would admit it, they were perfect for each other.

By the end of the tour, Caroline was famished.

"Can we please eat something? Caroline said turning her camera off.

"I thought you'd never ask." He took her hand in his and tried to ignore the electric feeling that shot up his arm and down to his groin.

Calm down, boy.

He wanted to at least hold off for another day…. Or try to. He knew it was going to be a struggle.

The contract they worked out was perfect. It had to be.

No feelings attached, just straight sex.

They both had a mutual attraction to each other and nothing more. He was attracted to a lot of women, but he'd be lying to himself if he said he had the same feeling looking at every woman as he did Caroline.

He figured it would calm down after a while. The sex was new and he knew at one point it had to die down. But his conscious was telling him he was out of his mind to believe that.