Chapter 9

He set his briefcase on the kitchen counter next to the three bottles of chardonnay Kol had stuffed in his overnight bag. Taking off his jacket and loosening his tie, he walked over to the refrigerator and pulled out a PBR.

Kol made a face at him, disappointed in his choice of beverage. "Why do you drink that cheap shit?"

"Why do you drink that expensive shit?" He answered his question with a question.

Kol smirked and laughed at Klaus as he slammed his first beer onto the counter. Klaus knew this whole ordeal was fake, but decided that he should take advantage of it while it lasted.

"So," Klaus asked addressing the men. "Where are we going?"

Every pair of eyes turned to Kol, who Klaus now assumed was the initial planner of tonight's festivities. A part of Klaus was weary of what he had in mind.

He heard through the grapevine, AKA Kol's ex girlfriends that Kol was a wicked man. He feared tonight he would actually learn what they meant.

"Have you ever heard of the Catscratch Club?"

Stefan choked on the beer he was quietly nursing in the corner. "Elena works there." He pointed out.

"Perfect!" Kol announced. "The limo will be here in fifteen minutes." He grinned clapping his hands together.

"Wait a second," Elijah interjected. "Are you okay with this Stefan?" Elijah was genuinely concerned.

That was a trait that Klaus admired about him. He wished he had acquired it as well. Instead, he was an egotistical ass.

"It's fine." He promised, but Klaus knew better. Ever since Stefan and Elena broke up seven months ago. Stefan never really had the chance to get over it.

He didn't understand it because he didn't understand relationships. That's why he needed to get married the way that he was.

No long-term commitment, no emotions and clean cut.

But you're already falling for her. His subconscious told him.

He shook his head and decided to take a long cold shower. Taking a second beer out of the refrigerator, he walked into his bedroom and locked the door.

They arrived at the club a half hour later. Klaus already had seven beers under his belt and was beginning to feel buzzed.

He knew that his brothers and friends were out to get him piss drunk tonight.

Kol managed to rent out the entire VIP section for the night. Klaus knew that renting out an entire section at a strip club wouldn't be hard if you throw in a little bit of money, but still he thought was a nice gesture coming from his brother.

He took a seat on the leather couch next to Finn. He tried sparking up a conversation with him, but his younger brother didn't seem too interested in anything going on. Like Klaus, Finn had several family issues and baggage.

Kol bought the first round of shot, naturally. Klaus eagerly mixed the alcohol with the beer he consumed. He knew tomorrow he would hate himself, but tonight he wanted to enjoy it.

A few women in black lacy thongs and push up bras made their way into the VIP section. One sat on Kol's lap, Damon grabbed the other and Elijah kindly declined the company of the other.

He noticed that Stefan was on edge.

His ex fiancé of six years and it was all because she had recently started working here a few months ago. Ever since they broke up seven months ago, it seemed as though both of their lives were headed on a downward slope.