16.) I Know, No Matter What it Takes, I'm Coming Home.

It's so cold. I'm freezing even though the sun is shining right on me. I have one left. One person left. I might not even have to kill them. They could possibly come and kill me, or they could accidentally kill themselves. God only knows. 

I swear anymore, I jump at almost everything. Ever since Gale's cannon fired I've been horrified. I just want to go home. That just gives me more reason to get out there and find whoever is left and end them. I don't know how long I've been sitting here, but I have to get up and moving. I finally left Gale's side and then I watched as the metallic claws of death came down and scooped him up out of my life for good. Holy Hell.

I knew that life was never full of roses like I think it should've been, but even now roses don't sound that bad. Goodbye, my sweet prince.

I got on with what I was doing and started to move, and I was moving pretty fast. I had protection, and I had food. I was perfectly fine- for the moment. I needed to find whoever was left so I took a mental count in my mind. I had figured it out, and the only person left was Thresh. This wasn't going to be easy at all. I've seen his 'handy-work' if you know what I mean. He's brutal. Think of what he could, no would do to me if he found out that I let Rue die... Shit.

"You people out there watching this garbage, you're all horrible! How could you watch something so vaulger in the first place? I don't understand your sanity levels! You watch people die while you sit at home in your comfortable chairs and smoke your fancy cigars, while we're out here dying, fighting to get back home to the people we love. You make me sick." I spat on the ground and as soon as I did that the ground shook. Shit! What did I do now?

I looked all around me and soon the trees parted down the middle so that there was a giant hole gaping from me to water. This was a trick. There was something going down, and I had a feeling that the game makers were trying to draw Thresh and I close together so we could just end this stupid battle. It wasn't going to work like that though. I was not going to go into that stupid center and get myself killed. Not happening. I would wait for him to move in first. Things were changing faster than normal, so things were telling me that this game would be over tonight. The sky was getting too dark for my liking and I decided to head into the trees. I climbed around like a monkey and then I found a spot where I could see the center of the hole. There was nothing in there like I thought, but I wasn't finished. 

While I was watching the Hunger Games back home, I remembered that Rue and Thresh were from district 11 and they used a call that would signal things, like the end of a work day, meal times, when work began, etc. They whistled. This was a blow below the belt, but I couldn't care less. My family friend had killed himself, there was nothing left for me in here. Rue was gone too, so I have nothing but the things that I can return home to. My Peeta. My Prim. My home. My life. I'm getting out of here, and I'm going out with a fight; kicking and screaming if I have to. I whistled the whistle that the two used for communication and then I waited. Sooner or later the giant Thresh came emerging from the woods behind me. I was still unnoticed, but still, that could have been close if he would've looked up.

"Rue? Baby Rue? Where are you honey?" Thresh was going wild down there and I could tell. I don't care if they're from the same district, or if he's older than her. Calling her 'baby Rue' and 'honey' just isn't floating my boat. He was still going crazy down there. I whistled one last time, and by then he was right below me. I leaped, and onto him I fell. His eyes bugged, and I couldn't care less. His breathing was staggered and shallow, and his forehead was glistening with sweat. I raised the knife above our heads and just as I was about to hit his heart, he said something that stopped me.

"Did she die peacefully?" He was shaking by now. I wasn't sure if it was because of fear or because of sadness. I nodded my head knowing who he was talking about.