3.) Part 2- The Reaping Begins.

My tears keep falling from my eyes. It seems like I'm always crying anymore. Before it was running, now it's crying. Keep up the good work Katniss...

I don't want to let go of Peeta, but I have to see Gale before it's too late. Things need to be different with him and I. Just like things are different with Peeta and Delly.

"Peeta," I say with my cracking voice. "I have to go."

"What? No, don't go, please." He says to me with a pleading voice.

"You of all people should know that I don't want to. I have to though. I need to talk to Gale first of all, and I still need to get ready for the reaping Peeta." I say to him softly. I don't ever want to leave his arms. I'm to afraid that I won't ever see him again.

"I know..." He says trailing off.

"I've got an idea, I'm positive that you're going to like it." I say smiling.

"Really? What?" 

"I'll find you at the Reaping. I'll stay with you. Prim can come too. I don't know about my mother though. She might not even stay with Prim and I..."

"That's a great idea." Peeta says with more joy than I've heard out of him all day.

"I told you that you would like that idea." I smile.

"Are you sure you have to go?" He asks me again.

I chuckle. "Unfortunately, yes. Maybe I can come back before it all starts with. I'll bring Prim and then we can go to the Reaping together. That would be better." I say.

"No, that wouldn't be better." Peeta says.

"What? I thought you wanted me to stay..." I'm instantly hurt. I start to pull away and before I can get any further than an inch away from him I'm pulled back to Peeta, and I'm held tighter and closer than before

"You didn't let me finish." He says softly. "I don't think that idea is better, I think that idea is best." He pulls my chin up so that we're looking into each others eyes.

"You've got tot stop scaring me like that." I chuckle. Then my eyes prickle with more tears. Tears after tears after tears! I need to go see a doctor about this kind of stuff for Pete's sake.

"You need to stop crying every time I say something to you Katniss." Peeta laughs.

"It's not like I can help it. It just happens. Sue me." I laugh.

"Never." He says. He holds me there looking into my eyes for what seems like forever.

"I have to go." I say.

"I really wish you didn't have to." He says.

"I know. I think the same.You know, two great minds think alike Peeta Mellark." I say smiling.

"Right, but the only smart minded person here is you Katniss Everdeen." He laughs.

"You're right. Because you're an utter fool if you believe that for one second." I drop my head and smile. It seems like I'm never going to get out of Peeta's arms. We just keeping going on back and forth with mindless banter.

I pull away from Peeta and his hold tightens on me.

"Peeta, please don't make this harder than it has to be." I plead with him.

"I don't want to lose you Katniss. How do I know that you're going to come back?" He asks, voice cracking.

"See, that's the most wonderful thing about it. You don't. You just have to trust me when I tell you that I'll be back for you." I say to him. I tilt my head up and look into his eyes. They are the clearest, bluest, most beautiful eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. It's like every time I look into them again, they have more beauty, and they seem like they belong to me. His eyes are mine to keep.