Part 3: Chapter 4

Poppy knew her, she was Daisy. Daisy was walking on the carpet, enjoying the soft feeling. Poppy was on the floor nursing her son. Shadows had creep into the kingdom hiding from view. Movement always caught her eye. Poppy had grown weary and had lost all energy. Dark rings outlined her eyes and hunger stabbed repeatably.

"How does it feel to be hungry?" Daisy was watching her intently.

"Couldn't be worst." Poppy gave a weak smile and Daisy frowned with a disgusted look.

Some troll creep up behind Daisy. Poppy shook her head vigorously. She thought she saw something. I might have been hallucinating. She thought letting out a sigh. The same troll she saw held a dagger and he signaled a silent sign. Poppy nodded in understanding. The troll leaped and buried the dagger into Daisy chest. She immediately fell to the ground and her eyes rolled back into her head. She let out a groan, as blood spurted from her wound. Daisy started shake and suddenly stopped. 

The troll looked up at Poppy. Poppy guarded her son ready for an attack, but nothing happened. She looked up and saw the troll drop to his knees dropping his knife with him. Sorrow filled his eyes and sadness came off of him in waves. Blood marked his hands and around his knees. Poppy squinted getting a better view of him. The troll-very recognizable- resembled Creek.

 She settled her son on the throne, and went over to Daisy's lifeless body. It was cold to touch and her eyes looked distant. Creek got up and started walking away

"Why did you do it?" Poppy asked grabbing his arm.

"Reasons..."

"Tell me now, Creek!" Poppy demanded

"Because I can't bare to see this kingdom  ruled under a unworthy troll." He left leaving her in the presents of Daisy' body.

Branch had reached a cave and was dimly lit. He got a match and strikes to light the torch. He enter the cave and looked away at his surroundings. He called out, only to get an echo. Another voice suddenly entered his presents.

"Black fire and blue sky is that you." A cloud came out and disappointment creep in his eyes. "Where is the black fire troll?" The cloud asked.                                                                                                               

"What do you mean?" Branch directed the question back to the cloud.

"I was expecting another troll, also my names Cloud Guy." 

"I don't need an introduction, and if you don't mind me I will go!" Branch glared

"Wait!" Cloud Guy grabbed him, but then become silent.                                                                                       "A great darkness is upon you. Your kin will be the only one to clear the sky from the everlasting darkness." 

Branch was bewildered. This guy knew his stuff. He felt a coldness draft over him. "I have to go." Branch said as he ran away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month has pasted and Branch managed to get home. Poppy held a young boy in hand. Branch stood besides her and lowered himself to Poppy's ear.

"How about we name him Inferno?" Branch asked for Poppy option. 

"That would be wonderful." Poppy kissed his cheek.

The End

Book two coming soon!