Part 2: Chapter 7

Branch woke up and got out of bed. He heard some Shuffling outside. He got up gently and thought of last night.

Cooper was at his door with a message in pouch.

"For you, Branch," he got out a letter and started heading away. Branch opened it and read it carefully.

"Branch, I would tell you in person, but a king doesn't do that. You have been chosen to be one of the army leader. I will be coming to get you at dawn." 

Another noise started Branch out of his thoughts. He went to the entrance and Peppy was looking thoughtfully at the bush. Branch cleared his throat.

"You have come to get me haven't you," Branch let out a sigh.

Peppy grabbed his arm and started dragging the survivalist to the kingdom. "I made a mistake, Branch," King Peppy looks over at the blue troll, "You need to marry Poppy."

Poppy woke up and let a gaping yawn take form on her face. She got up and ready and headed down stairs. She couldn't find her father so she guess he left.

Probably to get Branch, She thought bitterly.

She got outside and headed for the willow tree. She had told everyone to meet her there. She was going to prevent a war. Poppy got there and felt her blood turn to ice. Memories flooded her mind.

Dragons screeches filled the air and the battle field was bathed in blood. A younger version of Poppy was held in Peppy hands.

Poppy could never erase the darkness in her mind. Voices started to tail up the hill as Poppy realized where she was. Guy Diamond and Chenille headed up the hill. They where holding hands and Chenille nuzzled Guy Diamond neck.

Smidge, Suki, Cooper, Biggie, and Satin followed. They all arrived in god time. Poppy told them the plan and there where disagreements, but all decided to do it.

They trekked up the hill and Poppy found her self tried when they reached the top. Poppy went to find Bridget while everyone waited. Poppy returned and planned to help her. The trolls formed hair and you know what happened from there.

Poppy went home, glad to release the tension. She got there and Peppy stand besides Branch."Whats going on?" Peppy nudged Branch to Poppy.

He walked over and he knelt to one knee. His hands where clinched around something not visible to her eyes.

"Poppy, he told me everything." Poppy felt tears start to fill her eyes. "Poppy, will you be my wife.' He opened his hand to reveal a ring. Poppy was going to burst, but she calmed herself. "Yes!" Branch stood up and embraced her. Poppy felt comforted by his welcoming arms.

Branch went while Poppy laid down to bed. She slept peacefully.

"Ma'am, they sabotaged your plans," Silvertalon informed her. She banged her fist against the throne, we will find a different way!" She hissed. Silvertalon bent his head respectfully.