Part 2: Chapter 4

Poppy woke up and leaped out of bed  to tell her father her news. She hurriedly got dress and ran to her father's door. She knocked quietly and waited for an answers. She heard a groan and busted into his room. Peppy was sitting up with sleep in his eyes.

"Poppy what do you need?" He muttered.

"I need to tell you something!" Poppy said.

"I do too.." Peppy Laid back down.

"Go first then." Poppy offered.

"I will have a guard around you 24/7" Peppy explained.

"What you can't do that." Poppy hope drained out of her.

"Yeah I will to keep you away from Branch. Guy Diamond will be watching you." 

"Fine!" Poppy stomped out of his room and went to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A month has past, Poppy has not been any better and Guy Diamond is around her contently. Meanwhile Branch has barley eaten and his colors that filled his skin has gone. He slept most days and ignored everything around him.

Branch woke up to his stomach asking for food. It growled loudly and it felt like an animal was clawing him. He shrived at the pain grasping at him. He heaved himself out of bed and headed over to his food storage. This will be my only meal today.. he reminded himself. He grabbed some berries and water and gulped both down. His eyes stared to drop and tiredness wanted to wrap it's arms around him. Ever since he started sleeping more missing an hour of sleep gave him a headache. He got up and stumbled to the floor. He was to tried to get up so he laid on the floor.

Poppy longed to be out, but her father was worried she would see Branch. Guy Diamond is currently getting a break and no other troll could watch her. She watched out from the window as young trolls ran around. I want to be out there... the wind pressing against me and enjoying the sun. Poppy thought sadly. The got up and went down the stairs to the door. Her father was busy with paper. He has not giving her anything to work with. It's like I am not even queen. Poppy thought scowling at her father, which was at the table.

Poppy reached out for the handle when she heard her fathers voice. "Are you going outside?" He asked. "Umm... Yes." Poppy replied. "Ok then, but stay away from Branch." Poppy walk out and mimicked her father "Stay away from Branch..." 

She was just walking around before she realized her feet had led her to Branch's home. She walked in hoping she could find Branch. A shrived figure was on the ground and it took Poppy a minute to realize it was Branch. He was gray and it looked like he was dead. Poppy could she his ribs jabbing out like he has not eaten in forever. Poppy heart started pounding against her rib cage as she examined Branch. She lifted his vest to see his sides slowly falling up and down. He's alive... Poppy felt relief flood over her. 

Branch felt a presence near him so he opened his eyes and propped his head to see Poppy. She looked a little cuber, but still had her glamours sparkling cheeks and Her vivid pink eyes. "Poppy have you been eating more or what?" He asked with a smile plastered on his face. "Branch!" She yelped and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Branch breathed in her sweet familiar scent. She let go and an unknown emotion  sparked in her eyes. "Branch I need to tell you something." Poppy took a deep breath. "I am going to be having you kid." Poppy said. Sudden Branch felt like he was floating away to the clouds. "My kid." Branch said. "Mine kid." He repeated.

Poppy was united with Branch and she caught up with his eating issues. She made a eating scheduled with him and she headed home. Then she remembered her investigation on Branch. It can wait... Poppy thought, but not for long. He will know he is royal.