-貳拾肆-

twenty four;

twenty four;

"here is my number."

jennie carefully grabbed her phone back and looked at the number.

"oh wait!'" hanbin quickly snatched the device off jennie with a little smirk.

he put the phone away from him and snapped a quick selfie. afterwards he returned the phone back with a smile.

jennie checked her phone to then see that he had changed the id of the caller to 'hanbinie'. he set his photo up as the selfie and sent himself a message so he got her number as well.

attraction was evident in the air as the time went by. they seemed to just click and instantly connect. it was if in that very moment everything was perfect.

that was until jennie received a phone call from the people she hated most.

___

"jisoo?" lisa quietly peeped.

she looked in the hotel room to find jisoo in bed watching a show.

"oh! lisa, you're back!" jisoo gave a warm smile to lisa and gestured her to come over.

"but where is chaeyoung?" jisoo asked.

"she is o- outside. she's just getting food for herself."

"u- uh anyways, i need to um... i needa tell you something jisoo."

the atmosphere suddenly became serious and jisoo couldn't help but notice it and worry.

she looked lisa in the eye, "what is it?" she asked quietly.

"please don't be startled or look at me differently after this. i really don't want to ruin this amazing friendship we have."

jisoo became even more nervous. after a short break lisa spoke up again.

"kim jisoo, i lisa manoban... like you. like your more than a friend." lisa felt her heart be free of all the heavy stress and anxiety that had built up previously. she put her head down afraid of jisoo's expression and reaction.

which was nothing but shock. jisoo was speechless.

"i- um..." it suddenly became awkward and almost unbearable to view thsi situation as jisoo hadn't responded. lisa began shaking and quickly shot her head up as she heard crying coming from the bed.

lisa immediately ran to the girl. she rested a hand on her shoulder and asked what was wrong.

"i'm so sorry lisa." she cried loudly. 

"what is it?" lisa asked cautiously, but she knew jisoo's next response was what she had feared most.

"i'm sorry but i... i don't feel the same way." jisoo cried louder than before and buried her head into lisa's shoulder.

lisa was frozen. she knew this response was coming but why did she still seem surprised. she felt her heart break physically.

"don't... don't worry jichu it's okay." lisa felt the tears brimming in her waterline. she engulfed small jisoo into a warm hug.

that morning consisted of lisa comforting jisoo as she wailed her apologies and inability to share the same feelings as lisa.

___

jennie was screwed. she knew death was awaiting her.

after the phone call with her mother she knew she wouldn't have long to live.

she was stupid enough to pick up the phone call from no caller id. 

she just had to.

she previously left hanbin ever since the call and was walking back to the hotel ready to pack her things to head back home. if she stalled any longer she knew the consequences would only get worse, and she did not want that. 

she was beyond nervous. her knees felt weak and her hands couldn't stop shaking uncontrollably. her eyes were darting around to every corner of her peripheral vision.

her heart rate was incredibly fast and her soul felt as if it was ready to depart out of her body.

she wanted death instead of facing her parents.

she was then on the elevator of the grand hotel. her reflection was staring back at her lifeless eyes.

ugh, how could hanbin even look at me. i look like a huge mess.

the ding of the elevator indicating she was at her desired level went off. she exited the claustrophobic elevator and headed to the room.

as she went closer she saw chaeyoung leaning against the door. she was staring across the hallway looking like she was in a trance. she looked lost. 

chaeyoung's back. 

as jennie slowly approached the area she then heard faint cries coming from inside. she halted her steps and became confused. 

"what the hell?" she whispered to herself.

she had no clue what was happening. first chaeyoung was back and was sitting against the door looking like she's out of it. and second the voice of two people crying was coming from the room which she assumed was lisa and jisoo.

"chaeyoung." she called out.

chaeyoung snapped her head at the voice and stood up immediately.

"oh! jennie, there you are. where have you been?" she asked.

"i could ask the same for you. are you okay, where have you been?"

chaeyoung nodded her head and let out a sigh, "i've just been wandering around."

jennie looked at the door and chaeyoung knew what she was wondering.

"lisa just confessed to jisoo."

"confessed what?"

"that she liked jisoo more than a friend. jisoo thenrejected her and now she feels terrible."

jennie's mouth formed an o as she was shocked. 

damn i'm so clueless what the hell. how could i have not noticed these type of things?

"damn." was all she muttered in response.

"it actually may be a good thing." chaeyoung replied.

"what? why?"

"well for me anyways."

___

a/n; BLACKPINK COMEBACK ON THURSDAY, I'M SO EXCITED!! AGHHHH! 

also sorry for the long break, i was on a short hiatus for an exam and tests, but i'm ready to update to y'all again, woOp!!!11!!11!!