Chapter 9: Another Love

Another school day was about to begin as Scott and I headed up the steps to the entrance. I had just finished my detailed explanation of what had happened at the park.

I waved my hands, "And that's what happened."

Scott turned towards me squinting his eyes from the sun, " You jumped from her window? You then met her at some flower park, and you still didn't kiss her or anything?" 

"Yes, yes, and no, I didn't kiss her, we were just starting a project Scott."

Scott patted my back reassuring my confidence even though I already felt fine, "Trust me you'll get another chance."

I smiled and we walked to the school's outside tables,"Yeah hopefully."

With that Scott looked past my shoulder, " Hey Stiles isn't that her!"

I whipped my head around losing my balance but I regained it quickly by Scott's touch.

He cracked up hands on his knees," Haha, I got you, wow I don't think I have ever seen you turn around that fast not even when that one time you- "

I interrupt, "Alright! That wasn't funny man."

Scott stood back and his face got serious. Her voice spoke behind me, "What's not funny?"

I jumped back," Holy! Oh my god, Lydia!"

My hand was put over my chest feeling the fast beats of my heart.

"Lydia. You scared the living hell out of me!"

Both Scott and Lydia continued to laugh.

Lydia managed to take a breath while tears were  in her eyes, "I'm sorry, ahah I really am."

Wiping her tears she sees Scott, she puts her arm out signaling a handshake, " Lydia Martin. And you are?"

Scott returned the gesture with a strong shake, "Scott, Scott McCall."

"Nice to meet you Scott."

Lydia turned towards me, "Can we talk?" She grew louder "Alone."

I looked to Scott and he understood

I looked to Scott and he understood. As we walked away Scott gave me the thumbs up.

She pulled me behind one of the school's walls and spoke, "He, uh Scott, he seems really familiar."

"What? What do you mean?" I said with squinted eyes.

"Like I've definitely heard about him, the brown puppy eyes, the dark brown spiked hair, and the crooked jaw line definitely gives it away."

Lydia looked up remembering something. Her eyes widened and she covered her mouth hiding a smile.

"What? What is it Lydia?"

"Allison." She laughed. "Allison is totally in love with him. "

"Scott? Allison's in love with... Scott?!"

"Yep, she talks about him non stop. Her eyes would go all lovey dovey and she would rant that he treats her so nicely ever since she was the "new girl", that is Allison's love. He was the only person besides me she could actually talk to."

I got excited, "Seriously?! Oh man, Scott is going to actually faint."

Her hands halted me, "No! You can't tell him, you have to let them find each other! Trust me if they are meant to be it will happen, sooner than you think."

She leaned out looking from the wall, she looked over to Scott and she sees Allison walking over to him.

She grinned, "Those two, they're pretty good together."

I looked over as well and smiled, " Yeah, they really are."

Scott noticed Lydia and I staring, so we quickly turned around, backs slamming against the wall.

"Well that wasn't very, subtle", I said covering my face with my hand.

"You think he saw us?" She asked.

Looking to me only to find my sarcastic answer, "Yeah, yeah...like 100%."

Lydia looked at her cellphone, " Crap! Our class is about to start we better get going."

I checked my phone to see how much time we had, "Five minutes. We can make it."