Chapter 11: Protecting You

Kiera's POV

"Where's your home located?" He asked. I forgot to tell him that.

"Bangtan's Street, Mansion 104." I answered. He nodded.

Ilang minutong katahimikan, couples of minutes pass, nagsalita na siya.

"Anong sasabihin mo?" He said while watching at the road, driving head home.

"Well nothing much." Sabi ko. I'm just looking at the rear mirror. Early Evening na pala, maybe around 6:00 pm nadin.

"What is that?" He asked again.

Hirap talaga nito kausap, ang cold at parang walang pakialam, looks like everything doesn't mean to him.

"I just want to say thank you personally." Sabi ko with sincerity at tumingin ng bahagya sa kanya.

"For what?" In a cold voice again.

"Uhmm, for everything I guess. Specially in guiding me back there at the clinic with Lian." I said with sincerity and soft voice.

"It's nothing. I'll do everything for you." Did I hear the right words, or I was just hallucinating? Hindi akalaing sasabihin yan nang isang BadBoy na si Marco Ace Alexander V. Lopez, nakakapanibago lang.

My heart races and looks like my face turned out red like red tomatoes. Geez! Tumingin nalang ako muli sa rear mirror para hindi niya mahalata but sad to say he did notice.

"You're funny and you're blushing. Hahaha" Did I hear that right? Funny daw ako? Tumawa siya.

"Tumawa ka! Well I guess, you're really not that cold." I said.

"No, I didn't." He denied. And back to being cold again.

"Yes you did, and don't lie to me Mister, I saw it with my very own eyes, and hear it with my opened ears." I said in assurance.

"Okay you win. Maybe I did." He said then smiled.

"Of course you did. You know what? I prefer you smile often, mas lalo kang gumagwapo!" I said in assurance then smile.

"Oh really? I will try, if that's what you want." My heart just skip a beat. What's happening to me.

"Yes really. I wanna see people smile and be happy." I said. It's working out between the two of us.

"Ok I understand. Kiera about the other day? I want to apologize for scolding you. I was just dissapointed." He said. Remember the day where I meet friends, which is sila ni Lian, Ash at ang bestfriend ko na si Samarah? Yun ang ibig niyang sabihin, which he apologized for shouting at me.

"I understand. Honestly, ito talaga ang sasabihin ko sayo, I wanted to apologize for that scene I've done, especially for shouting and talking back at you. I know you take hold of the charge and I don't had the right to do that to you, especially that you all don't know me at all pa. I got swayed away by my emotions. I'm sorry." I apologized sincerely.

"It's okay. I was overwhelmed by my emotions too, I think it's only fair." He said. I sighed in relief.

"Thank you Ace." I said. "Can I call you Ace? Alexander is too long for me. Which do you prefer, Marco or Ace?" I asked.

"About that ..." He said.

"What?" I asked again.

"Only my girlfriend and my mother can call me by my first and second name, the rest is Alexander." Oh is that so? Why?

"Is that so? Why? I guess I'll have to call you Alexander then." I said then smile, one of my genuine smile.

"Long story. But call me Ace if you want." He said.