#3

Stacy's POV

I was frozen. I just can't help but stare at the woman standing in front of me. 

"Uhh, hi?" she said awkwardly

I cleared my throat, "Hi," I said and smiled a little.

I managed to walk in the shower room next to hers. I'll just take a quick shower.

I can't get off my mind the image of my teammate, dripping wet and only a towel covering her entire body. I can't help but smile at her flustered face.

Wait, am I drooling?

No, no of course not. I just find it really adorable. Awkward is still actually an understatement after everything that's been happening between us.

"Hey, Stacy. Someone's calling on your phone seems important."

I turned off the shower first and put on my towel. As I opened the curtain I saw Lucy's blushing face, handing my phone.

"Thanks. Hello?"

I walked to my locker while talking to my mom. She's just asking me if I'm okay and stuff. She even asked about Sean, and if we were doing great.

I introduced Sean to them last month when they visited me here in the Philippines. They looked really pleased and happy about our relationship, and that's all that matters to me.

"Okay. I love you too, mom. I'll see you soon. Bye"

I hung up and fixed my things.

I was about to go when Lucy held my wrist. I turned around to face her but I was surprised when she suddenly hugged me. Tight.

I don't know what to do. I couldn't push her away either.

"Lucy..."

"Pleace Stacy, let me just hug you like this for the last time. Please. I fucking missed you. I've been texting you, calling you, and everything. But... ugh." she grabbed my bag and threw it on the floor.

She pulled me even more closer. I just can't help but to hug her back. God what is she doing to me?

I don't freakin' know, but there is a big difference between hugging Sean or being with him in general and being with this girl. It just feels so right.

Before I knew it, I'm already crying in her arms.

"Shhhh," she rubbed my back and kissed my temples

"I don't know anymore, Lucy. I don't understand"

She put her hands on my cheeks and wiped my tears.

"I don't want to interrupt you and your relationship anymore. I don't want to see you like this, Stacy. Maybe it's better if I should stay away from you... for good."

I cried even more but she just pulled me in a hug and kissed my head repeatedly.

"I'll fly to Brazil next week for few months. One of the coach there emailed me and he wants me to play for his team. It's an opportunity that I can't refuse, and I think it will be better for you. For us"

I was about to say something when I heard Sean calling for me.

"Stacy! Are you still here?" he knocked at the door

I sighed and give her one last hug. I slowly regret the times that I always ignore her. I felt the pain in my chest. Mixed guilt, and sadness.

"I..." I'm crazy about you, and I care about you. Please don't go.

Those are the words that I want to say right now. But I know I can't and should not.

"What?" she asked

"I wish you luck. You'll kick their asses for sure."

"Thank you so much. Goodbye for now, Stacy" she smiled at me for the last time

I want to grab her hand and say something like "Take care" or what, but before I could say anything she opened the door and saw my boyfriend standing there.

I heard her greeting Sean, and vice-versa. I wiped my face with tissue and then I looked at them.  They hugged lightly before saying goodbye to each other. I saw her smiling at me before she finally left.

"Hey Stacy. Oh, what happened? Are you alright?" he asked and kissed me on the cheek

I shook my head lightly and felt him kissing my knuckles.

"Is this about Lucy leaving?"

I was surprised and I didn't answer him. Can't anything good happen this day.

"I know it's hard but you can still text each other you know. If you really are friends you will find a way to communicate to each other. Don't be sad. I love you. Let's go?"

I breathe heavily and felt him kissing my cheeks again.

"Okay. Let's go"

He grabbed my bag on the floor and he put his arms around me. Then we left.

I don't know but every single step I'm taking, I'm feeling my heart ripping and broken. I feel incomplete.