#14

Stacy's POV

"Hey, hey. It's unfair. I shouldn't be the only one talking here--"

"How about your girlfriend?"

Here I am again. It slipped again out of my mouth. Of course, I do care about her and her girlfriend. I looked away and just settled to look at the ceiling. I heard her quiet sigh before she continued.

"Well, her name is Madison. She's our team captain. If I haven't said yet, not all of my teammates are Brazilian. Half-half, you know that stuffs, just like us..."

Now Playing: 'Happier' by Ed Sheeran

"Walking down 29th and park

I saw you in another's arms

Only a month we've been apart

You look happier"

It looks like she's really happy with her girlfriend. She's like a child talking to her mom about her teacher giving her a 'very good' stamp. She's grinning from ear to ear. I don't know. But little did she know, my heart is actually breaking in pieces right now.

"Saw you walk inside a bar

He said something to make you laugh

I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours

Yeah, you look happier, you do"

"But she never stopped. She didn't leave me, not until I give in and we became official. That was one of the best moments of my life...I love her like more than she know"

That's it. The death of my heart. Titanic like. My heart ripping in two, being swallowed by the hungry ocean. My heart is drowning right now. It can't breath and it's like cold water, is slowly killing me inside. I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep.

But I felt her leaning in to me. My heart is like whistling for help and someone just heard. My heart is now beating abnormally fast, especially when I felt those lips on my forehead. I tried not to move so that she won't notice that I'm actually awake.

"Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you

But ain't nobody love you like I do

Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

If you're moving on with someone new"

I felt my tears are building up and I'm having a hard time holding them. Why Lucy? Why are you doing this to me? Her lips are so full that I remembered when she stayed the night in our house. When she kissed me.

"Cause baby you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'll feel it too

And until then I'll smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you"

She slowly removed her lips off my head and whispered things that made me so hopeless and regretful.

"You were my first love, though. We could be a beautiful couple too, if you just let me. But that's okay, maybe you're happy now too with your girlfriend. Goodnight, Stacy"

"But I guess you look happier, you do

My friends told me one day I'd feel it too

I know I could smile to hide the truth

But I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do

I knew one day you'd fall for someone new