#28

Madison's POV

"How is she?" I asked the nurse while biting my lower lip nervously.

She looked at me and shook her head, "I'm sorry but may I know first how are you related to the patient maam?" she turn back around to check Lucy and wrote something to her notes, "Just for her medical records"

"I'm a.. I'm her soccer teammate. I'm her f-friend," I stuttered. We're a little far from being a friend, we can't even speak about more than 15 words a day, but I want to make sure that she's alright. I'm pretty nervous right now. And heck, a lot guilty too.

I wasn't expecting all of this to happen. I never wanted to hurt anyone because I'm not that kind of person.

All I wanted is to be with Lucy again. All I wanted is for her to realize that I'm here, I'm back, and that I still love her so much. I just want her and I to be close again just like before.

But I think I need to stop all my delusions and cut my high hopes. It's obvious that I'll never win over her first love. I never had.

I should have stayed there in Brazil. I shouldn't have followed her and be tortured everyday. Just seeing them together makes me really sad and jealous.

Am I really not enough for her? I never loved her less. I never did.

"*clears her throat*" I snapped back in reality when the nurse suddenly cleared her throat. I shook my head lightly and swallowed the lump in my throat. She must have noticed I'm zoning out, making my cheek burn in embarrassment. I wiped my sweaty palms to my jeans and walked a little closer to her. She met my gaze before flipping the papers in her clipboard.

"She just suffered from a temporary loss of consciousness that will last for a short time and she surely can fully recover within hours from now. Some people may really feel tired after they've come round one. She just needs time to rest to regain her energy. It might be because of the very hot weather or maybe exhaustion," she explained.

"So basically she just fainted, right?" I hid my hands behind my pocket as I waited for her answer.

"Exactly. To be more specific, she suffered from what you call vasovagal syncope, a type of a common faint which may be caused by her physical and emotional stability," she nodded which made me feel relieved, "Was this the first time she collapsed? Or is she in the state of emotional distress?"

My eyes widened a little and felt my heart race. I don't know how to answer her question yet I told her I'm her friend. I felt a bit embarrassed so I tried avoiding her gaze, "I actually don't know."

"It's okay--"

"Actually umm," I mentally apologized for cutting her off which was reciprocated by a soft nod, "This was the first time I saw her blacked out. I don't think if she had before, but as far as I know she's physically healthy. I'm not just really sure about her emotional and mental state."

She flip the papers one by one before writing down something on it. She nodded to herself as she checked her notes, "Thank you for the small info by the way. The doctor or I myself will call you later for the other results. You can go call me if you need anything," she said and gave me soft smile.

"Thank you"

As soon as the nurse left the room, there comes Yeshia who was panting hard with her hand held on her chest as she breathes heavily. She closed the door behind her and stayed there for awhile.

"Are you--"

I was about to say something when she raised both of her hands signaling me to wait. She wiped her forehead swiftly before walking towards me.