#25

Stacy's POV

My jaw dropped when I saw my Lucy's ex-girlfriend walking near us.

That's her? She's the new player?

Madison?

Alright, alright. What the hell is happening?

I looked at our coach who's still waving his hand to the girl who looks really gorgeous and hot with that tight jeans and black flowy blouse. I closed my mouth and looked at everyone who's staring at the new player. Lastly, I looked at Lucy who also looked surprise. I heard her cuss earlier showing how shocked she was.

I squeezed her hand to get her attention and once I did I asked if she was okay and thankfully she said yes.

When she reached our table, our coach stood up to formally introduce her in the whole team. She looked a bit shy and nervous because her hands were shaking and she keeps wiping her palms on her jeans. She hid them at the back pocket of her pants making her look super cute. She looks like a little child.

Don't get me wrong. I never hated her or anything worse because she's my girlfriend's ex. I'm not like that person, and I trust my Lucia. I don't want to be immature and make any issues right now. Knowing that she's a little shy and new to the people around, being rude to her would be very unnecessary.

I made the first move to stand up and give her a light hug. I want to give her a nice and warm welcome from our team. She reciprocated and tapped my back. She smiled shyly while I gave her a welcoming smile. I know that she already knew me and I didn't like it to be awkward so I sat down again. All of them looked at me with their pleased look, happy for not lashing out like what normal girls would do to their gf/bf's exes.

They all knew about our history which is totally crazy and awkward at the same time. I looked at Lucy who's smiling at me like everyone. She mouthed 'thank you' but I just smiled reassuringly and kissed her hand quickly.

They greeted her and introduced theirselves to Madison. She's becoming more and more comfortable around us which is good. When it's time for Lucy to greet the girl, the awkward silence filled the table. She first looked at me and I gave her a 'Go' look. She breathed heavily before she stood up and walk slowly to Madison.

"Hey," Lucy said nervously

"Hey Lucy," she said while looking down at the floor. Lucy looked at me once more so I winked at her and gave her a thumbs up. She slowly opened her arms for the girl who's now looking at Lucy shyly. Madison moved closer to Lucy and they hugged quickly.

I won't lie that I felt a bit jealous because they looked really perfect for each other. Those years they'd been together is nothing with us being together just for months.

Insecurities, go away please.

I shouldn't feel jealous and insecure at all. I should trust and should never doubt my girlfriend's love for me. I love her and she loves me. Period.

As long as she love me, I should not worry about anything.

"Uhm, welcome to the team Mads," she said while smiling at the girl more comfortably.

The girl smiled widely, "Thank you"

Lucy made her way back beside me. She swiftly wiped the beads of sweat on her forehead when she sat down. I reached for her hand and rested our interlaced hands on my lap. She held tighter on my hand and paid attention at our coach.

"...I'm going to leave now. Rachel, you know already what to do okay? Just call me if you need anything. Once again, welcome to the team. I know all of them looks super cute and hot but reality is they're bunch of naughty kids and minds with super dirty thoughts, so be careful kid" Coach said jokingly which caused some of us to throw side comments and flirty jokes.