#29

Lucy's POV

"Mom! Look I got A+ in our Art class! Teacher Mary said that she would post it tomorrow so everyone could see," I hurrried to my mommy's arm and gave her a peck on the cheek. She wrapped her arm around me and carried me to her arms.

"Goodbye, Lucia!" I heard my friends waving goodbye to me. They're peeking their heads out of our school service's window as they wave their hands to me.

"Goodbye!" I waved back and felt my mom kissing my cheek, "Mom say goodbye to my friends too," I gave my mom a pleading look and pouted my lower lip. She giggled and kissed my cheek again.

"Bye Lucy's friends!" I smiled widely when my friends waved back to mom. We just stood there until the school service dissapeared and the voices of my friends were cannot be heard. Mom and I smiled at each other before getting inside our house, "I told you school wasn't that bad,"

"Where's the little munchkin?"

"Dad!" Mom dropped me carefully off her arms so I could give my dad a big bear hug.

"Hey, I missed you baby. How was your day?" he said while lifting me into his arms. I folded my arms around her neck as we made our way to the kitchen where mom is preparing.

"You missed me daddy?" I asked while my eyes twinkled at the hair that's starting to grow above his mouth. I traced them with my finger and giggled when I felt the little hairs tickling my skin.

"Of course, how can I not? You really like my beard don't you?" he said while getting something on the fridge.

"Because we just saw each other earlier, we even ate breakfast together," I said while tightening my grip on him, "And I don't like your beer. It's bad for my health, mommy said."

"Silly," he laughed and ruffled my hair, "You are growing real fast little munchkin, you felt heavier than before," he groaned and dramatically act like he's really in pain, "Ouch"

"No I'm not. You're just growing old!" I said while laughing at him. I heard my mom across the counter laughing with me too, "You heard her Carlos," she said and winked at my dad.

He pouted before kissing me on the forehead, "What did you do to school today?"

"Our teacher taught us how to draw and how to use colors properly. Wait, I need to show you my drawing!" he leaned down so I was able to go down. I ran to our living room where mom left my school bag and quickly searched for my drawing.

"I can't find it, have I left in the-- yeah! I found you." I kissed the piece of paper and threw my fist on the air when I saw it on the side pocket of my bag. I quickly ran back to the kitchen where I heard my parents talking.

"I might not go home tonight, Lucila" I heard dad said.

"Again? How about the movie night? You promised our daughter you'll make it tonight Carlos. You promised," mom said.

"You know how my schedule works, right? I'm trying not to spoil our family time but it just... really hard"

"Well, you should try harder"

I didn't know if they were fighting but I tried entering the kitchen, pretending that I didn't hear anything.

"Look! I draw our family! This is me, this is mommy and this is you daddy," I said while smiling cheerfully at the both of them. My dad looked at mom for a second before smiling back at me.

"That was really good munchkin but where's my hair?" he asked while pointing at the stickman figure.

"Oops I forgot your hair," I giggled when she suddenly poked my sides. He carried me again into his arms and showered my face with bunch of kisses, "Daddy, stop," I squirmed and tried to escape from his grip.