Chapter 9

I just got home from the movies and I am exhausted. I just want to cuddle in my bed and sleep. I took off my clothes and slipped on my pajamas. I put my hair in a messy bun and walked to my bed. I was ready to go to bed but my stomach growled. Great now I'm hungry. I walked out my room and dragged myself down the stairs. I got in the kitchen and opened up the fridge and got out some yogurt. Vanilla yummy.

I sat down on the stool in the kitchen and started eating the yogurt. A white note across the table caught my eye and I walked towards it. I picked it up and noticed it was a note. 

Dear Emma,

I will be leaving for a business trip for a week. There is food in the fridge and if you need anything just call me. I know this is last minute and I should have told you in person but you seemed pretty busy and I didn't want to butt in. But, I will be back in a week or so, so don't worry. Please stay safe and DO NOT throw any parties or do any funny business. Anyways, I'll see you soon. I love you lots. XOXO

                                                                                                                                     Love,

                                                                                                                                          Mom

She left to a business trip? Weird. I suddenly feel lonely and I start missing my mom. I really haven't spoken to her in a while and now she's gone for a whole week. Well great, now what am I going to do. I sighed and grabbed the yogurt and walked to my room. I laid on my bed and was finishing up my yogurt.

CLINCK

uhh what was that.

CLINCK

I think that’s my window.

I walked to my window and looked outside. Adam, It's Adam. I opened my window and there he was, standing in my driveway. 

"Hey, you," I said. "Hey." He responded.

"Please tell me that a guitar won't pop up in your arms and you will start singing to me cause' this is so cliché." I said with a little laugh. Adam just smiled. "No a guitar won't pop up in my hand and no I will not start singing and yes this is a very cliché moment."

I giggled. "What are you doing here then?"  I asked. His face turned serious and he looked right into my eyes. "Actually, I . . Wanted to talk to you."

"Talk to me?"

"Yes."

"Uhhh . . . about what?"

"Well can you let me in and then I'll tell you."

"Uhh, I don't know I mea-"

"Please Emma." He said. He looked desperate. I sighed. "Fine."

"Yes!" he yelled. I glared at him. "I- I mean thank you."

"Your welcome." I walked downstairs and opened the front door. There stood Adam and this time I actually took in his appearance. He had a handprint on his face. His hair was all messy and he looked tired. "Oh my gosh Adam, what happened?" I cupped his cheeked gently so his cheek wouldn’t sting. He held my wrist in his hand. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing seemed to come out. I brought him to the living room and laid him down. Then I went to get some ice for his cheek and sat down next to him.

"So do you mind telling me what happened now?" 

He sighed.

"Well when you left Layla-" Layla . . . So that’s here name. "Was snapping at me about how I shouldn't be touching girls like that when I'm with her and how I have been acting like a jerk and a bunch of this stuff. Then she started calling you names and that's when I got angry, and I told her to screw off and I broke it off with her and she got really angry and she slapped me in the face and started hitting me and then she just left." 

"Wait! You broke up with her?" I asked. 

"Yes, you seem quite happy about that," he grinned. My eyes widened and I can feel myself blushing. 

"I-I am not!"

"Sure you aren't," He said with a cocky grin. I glared at him but one question kept on popping in my head. 

"Why?" I asked. 

"Why what?"

"Why did you break up with her . . . you know with . . Layla?" I asked staring at the ground. 

"Because, when I got to hold you at the movies again, I never felt more complete. But, when I watched you walk out, I felt like my life was walking out on me. Like I couldn't live without you in it." I just stared at him and then I started giggling and eventually I just laughing. Adam was looking at me like I was crazy. "Uhh Emma, are you okay?”

"That was so cheesy," I say in between laughs. Adam was glaring at me and I just laughed even harder. Adam crossed his arms over his chest like a four year old. I laughed even harder. Oomph. Adam hit me with a pillow. "Jeez Emma way to ruin the moment!"

"Ow! That hurt and I'm sorry but that was really cheesy," I said while trying to hold in my giggles.

"I was trying to be romantic."

"I know I'm sorry continue." I smiled. He sighed. "Well what I was going to say was that I'm sorry for what I did and I know sorry doesn't cut it but I am still asking for your forgiveness and I know you are angry at me Em but If I can't be you boyfriend I want to be your friend because I am not letting you go Em. I need you and I know that’s cheesy but it's true."

I looked into his green eyes. They held so much emotion. He want's to be my friend and he's sorry. I want to forgive him, I really do and as much as I want to kiss him right now I still need time. So I nod my head. "Okay, I forgive you." His eyes widened in shock. "You do."

I smiled. "Yes i do." He smiled not just any smile but the smile that grew to his eyes. The smile that made his eyes twinkle. The smile I fell in love with. Next thing you know I was engulfed in a hug. I responded back immediately. My heart melted and I held on tighter. I miss him, I miss him so much. I don't know how long we stayed there but we just stayed there embracing each other until Adam spoke.

"Can I stay the night with you. Please." I squeezed him tighter and nodded. "But only today." I said and he nodded. I got up and held my hand out for him. He took it and I brought him up to my room. I shut the door and I snuggled in my bed while I waited for him. I felt a dip in my bed and an arm around my waist. I then felt his body pressed against mine and I instantly felt warm. I turned around and snuggled into him. I kissed his neck. "Goodnight Adam." He kissed my forehead. "Goodnight Emma."  And sleep took over.

----------------------

HEY READERS!

I know it's short but this week is spring break for me so I will write a lot this week. Oh and it's almost my birthday! *Jumps in the air*

Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. See you later!

Love,

Noshig