chapter 1: starting to tell a life story

dans pov

I've never ever been the type of guy to fall in love with a boy.

"but you did, daddy!"

"yes Dil, baby, i did. And hes the best thing to happen to me, now let me carry on with the story!" i chuckled to my son.

"yeh, one sec," he shouted down my existential crisis hallway "daddy, quick Dad's about to tell the love story."

"coming, love," phil called from the gaming room.

(time skip to when phil is in the room)

"k, now can I tell the fucking story?" I pleaded.

They both just laughed and then said yes.

*story begins*

still dans pov

It was my first day as a senior and I was anything but ready. We had recently moved to london from Manchester and I was pretty nervous. Sure, London and Manchester are pretty similar in size but they are certainly not similar in people. I had no idea how these people would treat me...

"Dan are you quite ready for school, ive been waiting for nearly an hou~"my mum suddenly stopped as she stood in my door way in shock "oh my sweet baby...all grown up."

"hmph," I groaned and rolled my eyes "yes, Im r-ready for whatever hell of people you've decided to get me lost in!"

"I'm sure it wont be that bad, honey."

"I'm SURE IT WILL," I trailed off "remember what happened between me and Adrian in primary and secondary school! And that was Manchester I don't  even know what London will be like!"

*story pause as dil cuts dan off*

"wait..Wait...WAIT!"  Dil yelled, causing both me and Phil to jump in shock. "You're telling me...you yelled at your mum, took an hour to wake up and another hour to get ready...all because you're scared of a city exactly like Manchester lol!"  He laughed so hard he nearly fell off the chair, phil catching the small seven year old  just in time.

I scoffed at his statement. "I'll have you know, London is nothing like Manchester. It was very scary as it was my first day. Have a little understanding silly Dilly," I replied to him.

"okay. okay. okay" he said as both phil and him began to  chuckle "also, what happened between you and Adrian, daddy?"

"I was just about to get to that part before someone cut me off." I looked at Dil with sarcasm possessing my face as he backed up.

"oh no Dan, don't tell him the part about Adrian. You know that part always makes me the saddest," phil pouted

"I know babe, but, he needs to hear the whole thing otherwise our love story doesn't make any sense!"

"Fine," he said still pouting.

*back to story*

As we climbed into the car I felt my stomach let go of all my organs and substitute them with anxiety.

"Everything will be fine Daniel," mum reassured me.

"I can only hope for the best," I sighed, staring out the window at the blur of trees passing me swiftly.

"We're here sweetie," she said pointing through the window at the massive building towering over us.

"That was a little too quick," I said annoyed.