nine

AFTER TRAVELLING FOR LONG, LYANNA AND SHADOW FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE RIVERLANDS, WHERE ROBB HAD SET UP CAMP FOR THE NORTHERNERS

AFTER TRAVELLING FOR LONG, LYANNA AND SHADOW FINALLY ARRIVED AT THE RIVERLANDS, WHERE ROBB HAD SET UP CAMP FOR THE NORTHERNERS. AS SHE RODE INTO THE CAMP, MANY OF THE BANNERMEN STOPPED WHAT THEY WERE DOING AND WATCHED HER. Lyanna jumped off her horse and tied him to a post. None of the bannermen said anything, just looked at the first tent in view. It was where Catelyn was.

Shadow waited outside the tent as Lyanna took a deep breath, opening the door and instantly locking eyes with Catelyn. Catelyn didn’t say anything for a moment, just walked over to Lyanna and slapped her across the face. Although she was in pain, it felt like her cheek was on fire, Lyanna didn’t say anything, she couldn’t. “You promised…” Catelyn’s voice broke. “You promised you’d keep him safe. Keep him alive.”

“Lady Stark-”

“No!” Catelyn screamed at her. “You do not get to speak. You promised me and now he’s dead, and you’re here.” Catelyn frowned at Lyanna. “You failed Ned. And you’ve failed this family. Leave. I don’t want to see you right now.”

All Lyanna could do was nod her head and leave Catelyn’s tent. The bannermen had gone back to what they were doing and never noticed Lyanna walking out deeper into the woods. The further she got from the camp, the louder she could hear someone grunting. She stopped when she saw Robb hacking his sword off a tree.

“Robb.” She called out to him, but he ignored her. He just kept destroying his sword. “Robb.” Again, nothing. “ROBB!” Lyanna shouted loudly and he finally stopped. He looked at her, out of breath and gasping for air. He dropped his sword onto the ground. “You’ve ruined your sword.” He looked down at the ground and then back to Lyanna. At that moment, tears began to fall down his face. Lyanna walked over to him and they tightly hugged each other. “Shh! Shh!” She soothed him.

“I’ll kill them all!” He quietly shouted as he rested his head on her shoulder. “Every one of them!”

Lyanna nodded her head in agreement. “They have Sansa.” She ran her hand through his hair, trying to comfort him. “We have to get Sansa back. And then we’ll kill them all.”

After what felt likes hours in their embrace, Robb was the first to let go. He walked over and picked up his sword off the ground. “It’s getting late.” Lyanna looked out to the sunset. “Come.” He wrapped his arm around Lyanna. “You must eat. You’ve travelled so far, without a proper meal, I assume.” She looked at Robb and smiled. “And you can tell me all about your new husband, Lady Baratheon.” She nudged Robb in the side.

When they got back to camp, Robb’s bannermen had already started to gather. Catelyn was already in the tent, unimpressed to see Robb arrive with Lyanna. He got her to sit down beside him, as one of the men placed a plate full of food in front of her. Lyanna took in all the smells.

“The proper course is clear; Pledge fealty to King Renly and move south to join our forces with his.” Jon Umber began speaking. “As Lyanna is already his wife, the Baratheons and Starks are-”