CH. 15

FIFTEEN:

Saturday, March 5th
5:20 PM

I had cried myself to sleep. My friends had fed me and clothed me. And here I was, half on Brooke's lap, arms around her neck sniffling. "I hate him," I kept repeating.

The guys had left to give us some privacy despite the fact it was their room. "I know, babes. He doesn't deserve you," she said.

"But I love him. I love him. I love him. I love him so much. And it hurts," I rushed out, crying again. "It really hurts."

"I know," she whispered, stroking my head.

"He slept with a complete stranger," I cried. "Because of what? Because I WAS having sex with him? I don't get it. And he came all happy, saying he wanted US to work and all this bullshit."

"You said he's new to all this. I've been there... Dylan and I almost broke up over it a few months ago... I wasn't sure I was ready for it to be that serious and be in love. And I hooked up with someone else, but it helped me realize I didn't want that. I did want whatever was in store for Dylan and I. Which meant I was saying I love you a month later," she said.

"You think that's what this is? He needed to be sure by being with someone else?"

"I'm just saying. It's a thing. Dylan was hurt too," she said and I nodded slowly.

"But he's always hurting me like this," I whispered. "And I'm damn sure sick of fighting, crying, and begging him to stay. He'll do anything he wants for HIMSELF. That's not love. I don't want his sick twisted love. If that was the case he went about it wrong. And honestly I can barely look at him."

"Shh..." she shushed, coddling me more as the tears ran down my face. A knock at the door got our attention. "Come in!"

We both watched Ethan and Dylan try to come in quietly. "Hey, how you holding up?" Dylan asked, smiling sympathetically.

"My boyfriend is happy he cheated on me. I'm terrible," I sobbed, hiding my face in Brooke's neck. "He's disgusting."

"Hey, kitten?" Ethan called softly. I felt the bed dip and his large hand rub my back. "I got something for you."

"I don't want it."

"You don't even know what it is," Brooke chuckled and I sniffled. She wiped my eyes and I turned so I was looking at Ethan who held out a milkshake.

A giggle burst from my lips.

"And there's that beautiful smile," he said softly. I rolled my eyes then. He pressed the straw to my lips and I took a small sip.

"Thank you," I grinned, moving and crawling in his lap. He grunted as I plopped down but his arms held me tightly. And I felt comforted. At peace there. With him massaging my scalp, my body small enough to cuddle against him unlike Brooke being just as tiny, and me sipping on a chocolate milkshake.

We all sat around in silence for awhile. Brooke and Dylan cuddled up to the right of us, their backs to the wall. "You know, I'm really glad I have you three," Dylan spoke up. "Your my favorite people."

I laughed as Ethan and Brooke both aw'd. Dylan was the macho man of the group. "I have a little family with you guys. That's all. Stop making it gay, Ethan," Dylan hissed, punching Ethan in the arm.

"Ow," Ethan laughed. "I love you too, bro."

"Y'all are cute," Brooke told them, rubbing Ethan's bicep where Dylan punched him. She also kissed her boyfriend's cheek and sighed. "Dani, babes. I love you."