CH. 31

THIRTY ONE:

Monday, July 18th
3:00 PM

"So how was yoga?" Elijah asked.

"Hot yoga," I smiled, looking at Klaus and squeezing his hand as I locked eyes with him. "And it was amazing."

"My baby girl is very flexible," Klaus smirked, dropping my hand to smack my ass instead.

"I'm proud of you for doing you know ten minutes of actual yoga versus the rest of the time laying there complaining about the heat or hitting on me," I snorted.

"Always full of class, Niklaus," Elijah commented and my boyfriend scoffed.

"I'm going to shower. You want to join or is Elijah sexier?" I asked him, raising a brow at Klaus.

"Ew. I'm right behind you, love. Elijah is a total buzzkill," Klaus said and I chuckled.

"You're no walk in the park, brother," Elijah called after Klaus and I while we walked up the stairs to our bedroom.

"Can it be a cold shower? I'm covered in sweat," Klaus complained and I laughed.

"I can't believe on your first day of freedom you're here doing couple stuff with me. You can have a cold shower and rough sex all night long, whatever you want, boyfriend," I teased, tossing my arms around his neck.

"I hear the tone of your voice but I'm begging you to be serious."

"Depends."

"On what?" He whined.

"Well, you've been so good. You're prioritizing and using time management. This morning you were plotting away and then you made it for yoga, which you didn't have to do by the way. So it depends, Mr. Mikaelson. Can you keep it up or not?"

"I really want to. I'm trying," he said and I nodded.

"Come on let's jump in the shower. I'm sure you have plans."

"Not that I know of, but I'm sure there's something Elijah wants to talk my ear off about."

"Well, have fun. I'm helping Hayley move in. Are you going to be home to show her the nursery tonight?" I asked him.

"I don't know if I'm happy or not with you two being friends."

"Well luckily you don't have a choice. Neither Hayley or I care if you're happy or not about it."

"Well, I'm happy if you're happy."

"I love you," I smiled.

"I love you more," he said, wrapping his arms around my waist from behind and lifting me up to carry me to our ensuite. I giggled in his arms, waiting until he put me down. "Now let's get my sweaty girlfriend out of these tight clothes."

"Is it crazy I still get turned on when you call me your girlfriend?"

"It's a little mad, yes," he laughed. "We've been together for a year now. But I understand, cause I'm crazy about you."

"A year on and off. And you better be crazy about me," I laughed, slapping his arm. Klaus chuckled, tugging my top over my head. "So when can we do hot yoga again? I think I'm into it."

"It was my first time doing yoga. And your first time doing hot yoga. You really think I'm the best partner for your new hobby?"

"You're my boyfriend, my best friend. You are already my partner. Now will you do this with me? I don't want to do it alone."

"As long as you don't yell at me for embarrassing you later."

"No promises," I chuckled. I kicked off my socks and shoes before peeling off my leggings. "But I mean it. Please, baby. I need this distraction. And it's something we can do together, Klaus."