21: Take Me Away

"These came out nice. I'll be going then. Thank you!" I bowed politely at the lady on the counter and carefully placed the tiny boxes inside the paper bag.

On my way out of the store, I dug my phone out of my pocket and checked if I had missed anything else I need to do. I had already gotten the customized keychains that I ordered, as well as purchasing shoes and a sweater for Holly.

Before I could finish my phone matters, the device flew out of my hand and I gasped, stupefied on my stance, staring in disbelief at my empty hands. In that split-second, my mind was having a hard time debating on whether I should make a run to catch the snatcher or scream.

With half-assessed decision, I whipped my head to the side. Only for my brows to furrow at the sight that greeted me next. The one responsible over my hammering heart and shock was smiling at me with humor, my phone safely wrapped in his fingers.

"I can't believe you." I took a quick breath in before exhaling through my nostrils, and my balled fist rose up playfully threatening to hit him but stayed in place.

His close-mouthed smile only widened whilst handing me back my phone. I muttered something and made a face, joking that I'd hit him before shoving it back to my pocket.

He chuckled. "You were so conflicted."

"Maybe because I thought someone stole my phone?" I retorted. "Gosh, and I thought you were this serious and dignified person."

"Am I not?"

I stared at him for a while as if I were studying him. Then I shook my head.

"Should I be offended?" he asked, and I shrugged with a meaningful look.

"I have a feeling you're stalking me," I droned, narrowing my eyes at him. "Does it run in the friendship?"

"You mean Jimin? Why?" He grinned. "Does he stalk you a lot?"

I chuckled, shaking my head in amusement. At some degree, they sure have similarities, but both were undeniably distinct as well.

For the week that had passed, I hadn't seen Hira, Jungkook, Jimin nor Taehyung around. It suddenly seemed like I had non-existent friends.

And what amused me more was that the last casual conversation I had was with the trash collector when I almost missed the schedule.

"Why," I started to question at the same time Taehyung blurted, "What."

We stared at each other for a second and laughed at the same time.

"You go first," I encouraged, and he scratched the back of his head with a faint smile playing on his lips.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh. Well, I was just doing some errands. I'm actually about to go home. What about you? Aside from stalking me." I teased, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

"I met with a friend," he answered. "And I think I'm gonna go to the arcade with another one."

I raised a brow. "You think?"

Taehyung nodded, the corner of his mouth only curved up higher by the second, his gaze not leaving mine.

"Were you pertaining to me?" I dumbly pointed to myself. He did not reply. "We're not kids, Taehyung."