17: Haze

I slipped on a soap bar on my way out of the bathroom, and my senses being half awake did a great job of rendering me flat on my face.

I was too dispirited to even make any sound nor movement and simply allowed myself to dwell on the floor in pity. If only my ringtone didn't interrupt my moment then I probably had already drifted back to sleep.

Balancing myself up, a groan escaped my mouth and I stretched on my arms and toes before reaching for my phone on my desk, blasting out was my brother's rapping voice blabbering about how badass he was and his freaking tongue technology.

Sometimes I wondered why I was using this for my ringtone, but then again, more than merely supporting him, I actually really liked this song.

"Yeoboseyo?" I greeted in a milky voice, followed by a yawn as I accepted the call. Strangely, only silence took over the other end of the line, making me frown.

Just as when I was about to check the caller ID, a deep voice startled me and my phone almost jumped out of my hand.

"Min Haneul?" asked the voice, and it somehow registered to me who it belonged to. I raised the phone in front of me for a split-second and the number wasn't registered.

"Is this..." I trailed off, uncertain if I should speculate.

"Kim Taehyung," he finally introduced himself and my eyes shot up the most awake they could.

"Oh, Taehyung," I plainly said. "What's up?" I plopped down on my bed.

"Are you busy?"

I shielded my eyes from the light peeking through the gaps of the curtain. "Well, I don't think so."

"Do you think you could go with me today?" he asked, and I scrunched up my forehead.

Wasn't it Jimin who was usually like this? Is this a dream? But that was weird, I was sure I hadn't completely fell asleep on the floor when I slipped earlier.

"Haneul?" The voice snapped me out of my trance.

"Ah, yes yes, I'm still here," I told him, sitting up straight and ran a hand over my tangled hair. "I'm sorry, what was that again?" This time, I intended to listen attentively.

Taehyung chuckled. "Are you sure you're okay? Or should I just call some other time?"

"No," I responded, and I could sense the conversation turning awkward as each second passed by.

"Could we meet then?" he casually inquired, as if it was a normal question to come from him.

"Well, okay. Sure."

"Alright. I'll pick you up in an hour then."

"Okay."

"Err, yeah... Okay. See you, I guess." And then he hung up.

I lied back on my bed, murmuring incoherent grumbles to myself as I buried my head under a pillow. It was a Saturday morning, and I should go back to sleep. But I guess that was impossible now that I had to get ready in less than an hour.

Taehyung didn't even tell me where we were going to—

Wait.