seven

CASSIDY
I was sad that day.

Very sad.

That day we had to leave the cruise, and I wouldn't be able to see Chris that often because of his busy work schedule.

Well, that's what I thought.

Containment didn't need to shoot anymore scenes for their season, so Chris didn't need to go back to film.

My job at my restaurant was only 3 days a week, so we both ended up free most of the time.

We currently saw each other every now and then, but every time we see each other, it feels like the first time we met-full of excitement and joy.

Tonight, Chris was taking me to dinner and I was very excited, because I think tonight will be the best birthday ever.

•••

"Hey Chris." I grin, embracing the dark haired man into a hug as he showed up at my doorstep.

"Cassidy, you look gorgeous." He says stunned, eyeing my navy blue dress and I looked at his tuxedo.

"Thank you. Where are we going that's so-formal?" I grab his hand and knit our fingers together, gazing at him.

"Well it's my beautiful girlfriends birthday! Of course we're going somewhere fancy! And it's a surprise." He looks down at me smiling.

"I'm your girlfriend?" I stop in my tracks and look up at him

"Yeah, you are." He connects our lips and my heart flutters at my new label as Chris Wood's girlfriend.

"Present time!" Chris claps his hands and reaches under the table.

"Chris I'm turning 28, not 10." I laugh at his actions. He hands me an alluring bouquet of pink, white, yellow, and red roses with an envelope attached.

I open up the envelope to find two plane tickets to Miami, and attached to the corner of the tickets, a little pink sticky note is paper clipped with the words "Ready for cruise #2?" printed in manly handwriting.

I look up at Chris with a flabbergasted look on my face.

"You're-you're taking me on cruise?" I stutter.

"It's the place where we first met, I want to spend your birthday with you and I couldn't think of a better way to do it." He stands up and I immediately stand up and wrap my arms around his neck, embracing him into a hug.

"Thank you so much." I say into his shoulder.

"You are so welcome." He replies, "Do you want to know why I did all of this for you?"

I back away from his embrace and place my hands on his face, his still remaining on my waist.

"Why." I say gazing into his eyes.

"Because I love you." He powerfully says to me.

"Not as much as I love you." I recite, softly pressing our lips together. I tie our fingers together and we walk home, my head resting on his shoulder.

"Thank you again." I say looking up at him.

"Anything for you." He replies, pecking my forehead. The blush on my cheeks was very identifiable, because I blush when I'm happy, and I'm happy with Chris.

sorry if this is sucky, kinda a filler :/