eleven

i would reallllly recommend listening to 'love in the dark' by adele while reading this!

CASSIDY
I get back to the room, calmed down and no tears left on my face.

"Hey Cass. Back from the pool already?" I hear Chris call from the bathroom.

"It got pretty hot outside." I breathed.

"Yeah it can get really ho- hey are you ok?" He walks out of the bathroom, buttoning up his shirt, stopping when he saw my eyes, and putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Yeah I just got some water in my eyes that's all." I reply, looking at him, "Can we talk? I need to talk to you about- I'll just tell you at dinner."

"Okay then. Speaking of which, where do you want to eat?" Chris fixates his glance on his shirt, finishing up the buttons.

"Doesn't matter to me." I say crossing my arms in a non aggressive manner. As we talk, my phone keeps buzzing from text messages, and I can only assume from who.

"Cassidy, who the hell keeps texting you?" Chris laughs, glancing at my bag.

"Nobody it's just Alexa." I lie trying to change the topic.

"Cassidy it's okay you can answer it." Chris shrugs, keeping a look on my bag.

"No I don't need to." I nervously laugh. We talk about dinner for a few more seconds until Chris grabs my phone and I could tell that he was reading the first messages that popped up on my home screen, and he didn't look happy.

"Who is this Kalvin guy saying 'I'm your boyfriend Cassidy' and 'People make mistakes but they forgive each other because they love each other, and you were the one who told me that.'?" Chris recites the messages, with a confused laugh.

"Thats my boyfriend, Kalvin Davis." I say looking everywhere but him.

"But I'm your boyfriend." He states.

"I know." I look down, embarrassed of the situation. There is a silence before someone speaks.

"So what you aren't telling me is that while we were dating, for almost two months (a/n after Cassidy and Chris left the cruise and started dating, a two month time skip happened), you had a boyfriend who you didn't tell me about and just thought it would be a good idea to hide it from me?" Chris angrily says. I press my lips together as a reply, looking to the right and swallow hard.

Chris scoffs and places my phone back in my bag, storming off towards the door.

"Chris wait I can explai-" I say, tears now freely falling down my face

"Save it Cassidy, I don't want to hear it." Is all he says before slamming the door, making me fall on the bed, bawling my eyes out in shame.

•••

I closed the shower door, letting the hot water slash me.

It's been an hour since Chris left and he hasn't came back from wherever he went.

All the memories keep playing in my head and I forcefully shut my eyes to stop the images from going on, and after a while they stop.

I open my eyes and softly start crying, the water mixing with my tears. I put my hands behind my head, intertwining my fingers together, pressing my compressed hands to the back of my head.

"I'm sorry Chris."