sixteen

CHRIS

I went back to the room after I finished my breakfast and found Cassidy there watching Friends on the television.

"Hey." I say sitting next to her.

"Hi." She slowly replies, her focus on the show.

"Are we going to discuss what happened?" I ask, fiddling with my hands.

"What happened?" She furrowed her eyebrows still glancing at the TV.

"Don't play dumb with me." I say getting frustrated.

"Look I'm sorry. I couldn't help it because the temptations were pulling myself towards you and I missed you so much and yeah I know I messed up because you know I always mess things up and I can't seem to fix them so then everything gets ruined and I-" She starts to babble before I cut her off.

"Calm down. You don't always mess things up. It was a mistake and we learn from them." I say looking into her now teary eyes, softly placing my hand on her knee.

"So you aren't mad at me anymore?" She sniffs.

"I'm still a little mad, but not to the point where I'm shutting you out." I soothe her sniffles by rubbing my thumb against her bare knee. I pull her into a hug and wrap my arms around her waist.

"I love you Chris." She says into my neck.

"I love you more." I pull away and look at her tear stained face. I close my eyes and place a soft kiss on her forehead. "Now let's go have fun."

•••

We find two chairs by the pool and place our bags and towels down.

I sit down and go through the bag to find the sunscreen. When I find it, I look up to see Cassidy putting on her sunglasses in a blue swimsuit. I smile at her and she makes eye contact with me.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." She smirks. I laugh and remove my shirt to then feel her soft hand in mine, pulling me towards the pool.

Since she's sitting on the pool ledge not going in the pool, I decide to push her in with my foot.

"Ahh!" She screams, splashing into the pool. I clutch my stomach from laughing.

"Chris! What the hell!" She pops up laughing. I'm still sitting on the pool ledge so she grabs my legs from the water and pulls me in as well.

I hear a bunch of laughing when I rise to the surface.

"Oh you're gonna pay for that." I say before I grab her from under her knees and throw her over my shoulder.

"Chris!" She laughs, slapping her hands on my back. I climb out of the water and stand by the edge. I wrap my arms around the backs of her knees again and hold her bridal style.

"Chris wai-" She starts to say something but gets cut off by me jumping in the water with her in my arms.

"You're an asshole." She smiles as she tries to touch the bottom of the pool.

"But I'm your asshole." I say, grabbing her waist. She wraps her legs around my hips and her arms around my neck.

"That's so cliche." She giggles.

"What's a good relationship without being cliche?" I ask blindly. She playfully scoffs and returns her gaze back to me and then starts laughing again. "What?"

"You're just cute that's all." She smiles widely.

"Not as cute as this." I say before I take both of us down underwater laughing.

this chapter made me happy :)