ten

CASSIDY
My eyes adjust to the room surrounding me, confused at first, and then I realize where I was.

I smile to myself, crawling out of the soft white bed.

Where's Chris? I think to myself, seeing that he wasn't in the bed or room.

I spot a note on the counter and make my way over to it.

Good morning :). If you're reading this and I'm not here, then I went to get breakfast for us. I'll be back soon. I love you C
-woodsy

I smile down at the note and softly chuckle, wondering about how this happened to an ordinary person like me.

"I'm back and I brought food!" I turn to the noise entering the room to see Chris with two plates of food, wearing a blue baseball cap and a red shirt with grey sweatpants.

"Thank god. I almost went mad without you." I say walking over to him.

"Really?" He laughs, blushing.

"I was talking about the food." I sarcastically reply, grabbing my warm plate. Chris looks down laughing a little bit, "And you too."

"Thanks." He replies, giggling and sitting down next to me on the couch. I nuzzle into him as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, watching the TV.

"What is it?" Chris asks me after he hears my quiet laughs.

"Nothing, I'm just really happy." I repeat his words from the first time we kissed, looking up to meet his glance down at me.  All he does is smile and grab my cheek, pulling me closer. I close the gap between us and softly press our lips together.

•••

•••

I was laying by the pool when I heard my phone buzz from my bag.

Reaching down to grab it, I hear it buzz once more.

My eyes widen and my mouth drops at the sight of my phone.

kalvin
hey cassidy

kalvin
can we talk??

It was Kalvin, the last person I wanted to talk to.

I decide to text him back to see what he wants to say.

about?

kalvin
well i'm your boyfriend and you've been ignoring me for a while

you kissed melissa

kalvin
she kissed me

you kissed her back

kalvin
you can't stay mad at me forever
read at 11:17am

cassidy?
read at 11:17am

I shoved my phone in my bag and ran back to the room, tears rolling down my face.