fourteen

CHRIS

The uncomfortable couch kept waking me up, so I decided I should just get up and stop trying  to get more sleep.

I sit up an rub the lower part of my face, grabbing my phone to check the time.

It read 8:12am. I groaned and put my phone back down. I sat up and my eyes instantly drifted to the girl laying in the bed.

My feet are walking over to her by instinct, and I can't stop myself from heading that way.

She looked so angelic while asleep.

Damn Chris stalker much?

I sigh in sadness and turn around, sad from the previous night.

I wish everything was better than it is now.

I walk to the bathroom and turn on the shower, the warm steam already hitting my skin.

I remove my shirt, throwing it to the floor along with the rest of my clothing.

The hot water pierces my skin, hitting my face every now and then.

The shampoo submerged into my hair made a cool feeling instead of a hot one maintained my the water.

It sort of feels like when Cassidy looks at me; when she smiles it gives me warmth and when she frowns or cries, it's replaced with a cold feeling. All I want to feel is warmth from her contagious smile.

I sigh, getting aggravated from our fight last night. The water turns off, and I grab a white towel to dry off.

The soft towel goes around my waist as I run a hand through my clean wet hair.

I exit the bathroom and look back over to Cassidy. She's still sleeping so I quietly walk over to the closet to find a something to wear.

"Chris?" I hear a tired voice. I turn around to see a half awake Cassidy rubbing her eyes.

"Hi." I say trying not to be akward, since I'm in nothing but a towel.

"Why are you up?" She asks, continuing to rub her blue eyes.

"I uh, couldn't sleep." I say gripping the sides of my towel.

"Okay. I'm going back to sleep." She closes her eyes and turns around to face the window. I mumble an 'okay' and walk to the bathroom to get dressed.

I walk out and grab my hat, sunglasses, and phone so I can leave, but before I can, my eyes make their way to Cassidy again.

My soft steps lead to her bed where she is now peacefully sleeping. I move some hair away from her forehead and lightly kiss it.

I can be mad at you, but not forever.

hey guys! i won't be updating until monday because i'm going on a cruise, but i will try to update when i have wifi!