ii.

"You know, I still have yet to catch your name." on one of those days, she felt talkative.

"Well, considering I've never thrown it ..." with a cheeky smile, he shut his book and turned to face her "Makishima Shougo. And the young lady is ...?"

"Miyahara Yukari. Pleased to make your acquaintance!" she faced him and they exchanged a hand-shake, chuckling at the other's fake politeness.

"Are you in class E?" he asked, clearly knowing the answer.

"No, I'm in B. And I'm guessing you're in A."

"Good guess! Mind-reader?"

"No, book cover." She smirked, glancing down at the abbreviation of his name and the class written on the front of his book. He couldn't help but laugh "So you're into dystopian?" she tilted her head to read through the summary on the back.

"Yeah, are you?"

"Um, I'm into something more personal, you can say." Yukari raised up her volume of Emily Dickinson for him to see.

"Not bad at all!" he arched an eyebrow in acknowledgement and smiled at her cheery face. He knew full well that if they were caught with these books, the machines would scan them immediately, checking for 'dangerous thoughts'. It could even take her away. But if living on the edge is how they bond, then let it be!