vi.

Makishima was a secretive man, to the point where Yukari had to force it out of him to tell her his intention. She didn't say anything. Heck, she figured out that much by herself. But hearing it straightly from him calmed her heart a little. She's always believed he could and would do great things. Perhaps even free them both from the system that oppressed and ignored people like them. But when she saw him limping at her front door, eyes half open, blood dripping from the wound on his side, her heart faded a little with dread.

"You know, your bed is gonna be bloody after this." He said between gasps as she laid him down gently, propping his head on a stack of pillows and helped him out of the bloodied shirt.

"Shougo, I'm a twenty-year-old woman." She joked half-heartedly, unable to hide her panic, failing to suppress her shaky voice "Sometimes, I wake up in Salome's slaughter house." He managed a weak chuckle in reply then immediately hissed from the pain.

"I really hope that's not how I end." Grimacing, he turned to her and threw a weak, pained smile that would resembles a smirk had he not been in such a state.

Hands paused, Yukari silently stared down at her first aid kit before resuming the preparation "I'll try my best." She said with a strangely calmer voice than before.

"Hey, Scarlett ..." he breathed out as he watched her skilled hands at work then immediately gasped as she poured disinfectant over his wound.

"I'm afraid you have mistaken." She said, wondering if he thought she was someone else "Or maybe hallucinating. There is no such woman in this place. Just 'a little, plain, provincial, sickly-looking maid.'"

"Yeah, but 'what passion, what fire in her!' I believe even in these moments, my eyes are still clear enough to see you." He was drifting away and she knew that.

Completing the last stitch, Yukari managed to stop the blood lost, she then quickly wrapped the wound up and laid him down. She looked back at his face and realized he's passed out. Smiling to herself, Yukari collected all the tools and stood up to go wash them. But before she could take a step, a large hand loosely grabbed her fingers.

"Just a bit more." Makishima whispered, failing to notice the pleading tone through his slipping consciousness. She smiled gently, her face glowing a faint blush, she gently tore their fingers apart and laid his hand on the bed before cupping his cheek with the soft hand, staring straight into his shaky, half-opening eyes.

"It'll only be a few minutes, I'll be back before you know it." And she leaned up to kiss his forehead, watching his lids closing softly and his face returning to a peaceful state.

"DearScarlett, my Scarlett." He mumbled the final words before succumbing intoexhaustion.