x.

Yukari sat alone in her room, inside her apartment. It has been a week since Shougo has dropped her off on her request. Her fingers flipped through the pages of the newly composed piece she has finally finished after regaining her focus. She thought of the morning after that fateful night, waking up in an empty bed with a set of clothes already set out for her. She recalled sneaking quietly into the kitchen only to be shocked by a hot cup of coffee pressed to her arm.

He acted just like normal, as though trying not to make it awkward. But Yukari was wary, to her, those flirting, touching, teasing now meant something completely different. Deciding she needed time to think, she requested to return to her own house. Letting out a sigh, she closed the folder, setting it on top of the piano.

Right then, her ears were pierced by a horrific sound of sirens. She ran to the window only to see police cars surrounding her apartment complex. Realizing they must've come for her, she cursed under her breath as she gathered all the books Shougo has given her. Kneeling beside the toilet, she frantically torn each of them apart, flushing pieces of paper down the drain.

"I can't let them find out!" she muttered, her eyes widened in fear as footsteps were heard outside of her door.

"Yukari Kumie, you are under arrest! Surrender and open the door." Voices shouted as she burnt the last of the book, flushing it down the toilet. Stumbling on her feet, she ran to her piano, grabbing her new piece and scribbled lines that she knows he'll understand.

The door was kicked open and she immediately shoved the pages inside the piano. Sound of shouting, footsteps and Dominators activating surrounded her. She kept a stern look but failed to hide the fear that seeps through her eyes. Standing straight, she held both of her hands high up, waiting for her judgment.

"Crime coefficient is 150. Target needs immediate treatment. Paralyzer will activate."

Yukari closed her eyes, bracing herself for the impact that knocked her out immediately.

Shougo's eyes snapped open from a deep nap, he immediately sat up from the pile of books he was buried in. His head hammered and he grimaced, rubbing his temple. There was a sudden feeling of unsettlement that he couldn't quite put his hand on. In the last moment of his sleep, he could've sworn a faint voice was calling him, desperate for help.

He reached for the phone and dialed her number, waiting patiently as each signal went. Only when it was completely cut off, did he figured something was wrong. Dashing through the door, he didn't even have time to grab his coat. Driving as fast as he could to her apartment, he silently prayed that his intuition was wrong, though unlikely. He stopped at the ruins of the door and stared wide-eyed at the disheveled room.

Rushing inside, he tried to find any signs that she may left behind. All the books he gave her disappeared, it was someone that mustn't know their connection. Crumbs of paper littered everywhere, they must've taken her by surprise. Unable to stay calm, Shougo leaned slightly onto the keyboard of the black piano, only to find that it did not make a sound. His head snapped and he yanked the lid open to find her new composition crunched up and stuffed between the mallets. Picking it up carefully, he read the message she's left behind and his face turned into disgust.

"Sybil's Dogs ..." he hissed through his teeth, hugging his head "they got me good this time ..."