xv.

For some reason she just can't seem to focus today. She thought about the bells then decided it was just a mere fantasy in the midst of her instability. Then she thought about his worried expression when he found her like a lost soul wandering through the storm, his gentle caresses on her skin, her hair, his chaste little goodnight kiss he placed on her lips after he had tucked her into the covers. And then he walked out and closed the door, leaving her in solitude once again. She can't blame him nor feel sad about it, she has turned into a nuisance after all. Cutting herself from all the thoughts, she stood up from the couch, dropping the blanket she knitted for him years ago on the floor and went into the bedroom.

She walked towards the closet and flung the door open. She stood staring for a moment before her hands reached up subconsciously and pulled out all of his neatly folded clothing, letting them fall and cover her. She fell to the ground with a thud, hands clutching his shirts. And she cried and cried and cried, biting the fabric to keep herself from making noises, even though nobody is there to hear.

"Please don't hate me for this." She whimpered desperately into his dampened shirt "I just can't do this anymore! I'm sorry, I'm so, so, very sorry! Please forgive me!" her heart constricted and her breathing labored, tears followed by tears continued to pour from her eyes like cold, hard diamonds grazing her cheeks.

A few hours later, the door opened and he entered, tired from another day in the city. Pulling off his boots, he was surprised to hear no greetings, not even a small "hello" or "how was your day". Thinking about what happened yesterday, he immediately rushed to the garden to see no signs of her, the window was closed and there were no footsteps on the ground. He looked around the living room to see his beloved blanket on the ground, the one she gave him for his birthday a couple years back. Surely she must've been sitting here just a moment ago. He picked up the piece of fabric and tossed it onto the couch before moving towards the bedroom.

His footsteps echoed softly, his hands traced the wall lightly as he walked by. Then he stopped at the door, something told him he may not want to open it. He did anyway. And the sight that welcomed him was one that he wishes to unseen.

She was sprayed out in his pile of clothes, her hair splattered messily, her head dropped to the side and her eyes painfully closed. In her left hand a small jar of sleeping pills, opened, almost all gone. His heart dropped to the pit of his stomach and his eyes widened, his jaw left wide, unable to find words. For a moment, everything crashed beneath his feet and the world seems like a void,disappeared along with his sanity. It was just him, standing still like a broken soul, and her, the one that lost her soul.