viii.

"So how are you finding it here?" Makishima asked thoughtfully as he watched her staring out the window, a glass of whiskey dangling in her hand. He poured himself a glass and went to stand next to her, she seems to be looking attentively at his garden.

"I have a question." Her voice slurred slightly "The things that you grow, will they eat me if I walk out unarmed?"

He looked at her for a while, not knowing what to say before reaching out to take her glass "Ok I think that's enough for you tonight."

"Noouuu!! I can handle much more than that!" she reached up to get her drink back but with a height that reaches his chin ...

"When you say handle, do you mean on the verge of passing out?"

"Oh please, as if you can do any better!" she jumped up and started to hold onto his shirt to pin him in please. Stepping onto his foot, she was close to getting her glass back before Makishima lost balance and pulled both of them down to the ground.

"Ow ..." Yukari groaned as she sat up from the impact, rubbing her head. Both looked at their current position for a while then laughed loudly "Well, now I feel tipsy." She said, standing up from his lap and picked up the two spilled glasses.

"Alright, let's get you to bed. We can split my bed in half."

"I would need an axe then." She joked, laughter glinting in her eyes.