Day 63

Dear Josh..

Depression and slight insanity had gotten the better of me. My wrists have been cut and scarred. A rope from set has been tied in a loop and hung from a coat peg. All of my keys are lined with blood. You are here but then not. I see you but then you disappear. I think you're here but you're not.

I decided enough. Enough of sitting around.

I got up. I walked around. I wandered to the bathroom. The mirror.

My face was so pale. My bones were significant. Dark circles hung like dark bags under my eyes. I looked like death.

But what if I was? You know, dead. What if I had died when I was cutting? Or what if I had died when I made the loop? What if this was a dream. Surely? Maybe?

Banging. At the door. Sam. Sam was back! Where had he been? Why did he leave? Why did he leave me here so alone Josh?! WHY?!

"Jen? Are you in there?" Sams speach was shakey. I peared through the small key hole.

"Ye-yes?" My voice was horse and also shakey.

"Jen? Jen! Open up! Please! Now!" He pleaded, a sense of terror in his words.

I pulled put the keys. My fingers worked through each one untill I found it. The bloodiest one. The start of this. Slowly I turned the lock. Sam came falling in. He landed in a heap.

It was clear that he had been crying. About you Josh? No.

"Laura." He blurted out, tears welling up in his eyes. "She left me. She wants a divorce. Because she thought me and you. That we were something. That when I stayed with you I was cheating on her. And now, she's gone!"

I had never seen Sam like this Josh. I was no better though. We were lying there like helpless puppies crying. We had no strength anymore. Nothing.

Love Jen